TerryVenables

Reaction score
Authors Note: My first story, so any comments/tips will be very appreciated. Dont expect monthly updates, probably every 2 months would be better, or even 3 for me. Anyway, enjoy.

As Leeds Go Marching On...

Today, Leeds United have announced that Simon Grayson has left the club, after chairman Ken Bates told him that he expects to spend as little money as possible this coming window. Reports suggest that Grayson had expected about £3 million to spend this summer, yet Bates has only given him half of that. After Grayson immedietly bid £3 million for Scunthorpe star man Gary Hooper. Ken Bates retracted that offer himself. Grayson was outraged, and quit on the spot. Grayson said that he was "sorry, leaving your home club is a hard thing to do, but the budget wasn't as big as expected, and thus, I cannot take the club any further."

29 year old Manager Verry Terribleshas taken over. Fans were immedietley laughing, as his name resembles that of former manager Terry Venables, who wasn't a hit at the Yorkshire outfit. Ken Bates said "it doesn't matter what you all think of his name, you will all be chanting it after we get promoted anyway".

Terribles had his unveiling inerview earlier today.

Reporter: With not much money to spend on players at this current time, how do you plan on adding strength and depth to this squad.

VT: You are very correct that we don’t have much money. This is where my unique management style comes in. I call it, Financial Prudence. Many clubs in this world are selling clubs. They get a player, and move him on for a bit more money, but not making any progress. My aim is to spend as little money as possible, while still making our way up the leagues, and trying to gain progress in the football league. So, I will always be looking at ways to save money, selling high earners, and bringing in people on less money, who are better than what we have. This may slow our progress down, but look what happened to teams like Derby when they went up too quick, they went down straight away, and are struggling. Getting money in the bank will help us stay up, and push on. I have drawn up a 5 year plan, which, with luck, I hope to stick to. Here it is:

1st Season: Stay in the Championship, and make money on transfers, and reduce the wage bill where possible.
2nd Season: Get a playoff push in Championship, or even get promoted.
3rd Season: Either survive in Premiership, or get promoted.
4th Season: Strengthen the squad, and improve on the last season's place.
5th Season: Get as much money in the bank as possible, ready to push for the European places as soon as possible.

That said, those are my aims, and aims change.

Reporter: Do you have any ideas on who you want to sign, and what positions you want to strengthen?

VT: I have ideas, yes, but I will not disclose them. But I can confirm we have approached 5 players of joining us on trials, with a view to earning a contract. We have also offered out Tresor Kandol, Andy Hughes, Casper Ankergren, Lubomir Michalik, Ben Parker and Rui Marques. That is all the time I have today, and I will speak to you again after pre season.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Pre Season Update
2009-2010
Leeds United have had a reasonably busy transfer window, with lots of trialists coming in. The trialists that joined were: Robert Koren, Mido, Richard Kingson and Marlon Harewood. Due to the transfer policy in place by manager Verry Terribles, Leeds offered lower than what all players wanted, so only Robert Koren signed a deal, earning him a sum of around £6,500 per week. Leeds scouts had been sent out, looking at free agents and loan possibilities all summer, and found a few promising players. The first player to sign for Leeds was Bolton's youngster Fabrice Muamba. Terribles said of Muamba, "he is a very good player, the calibre of player we want playing for our great club. He will help our midfield no end."

The next activity was one of outgoing movement, with Rui Marques being released. After that, Casper Ankergren left for As Monaco for a fee of £100K. Shortly after, Lubomir Michalik left for NK Dinamo for a fee of £150K. Shockingly, Premier League side Blackpool signed Andy Robinson for £150K. Promising young Left Back Aidy White also left on a 6 month loan to N-Power League 1 side Tranmere Rovers.

On the other side of the coin, Leeds were pleased to announce the signing of Tom Hiareij on loan from FC Groningen. Mamadou Seck joined on a free as backup, earning a meagre £825 per week.

Leeds were also approached for young Scottish Winger Robert Snodgrass by Premier League team Wolves. Leeds told Wolves to stump up £4.5 million, or they would not listen.

Manager Verry Terribles was saidto be very happy with his transfers, and thinks he has made the club more money, while improving it at the same time. Only time will tell if he really has.

Last edited:
I'll be following, very good opening post.

Cheers lads. Hope to get one more update in later, when I have played it. Thinking of doing bi-monthly updates, in a report style, for a bit of a change compared to the usual, Leeds 1 - 0 Man U. Leeds 2-2 Arsenal etc etc.

You should make the OP more interesting, as i skipped through the whole thing only checking out the highlighted bits.

You should make the OP more interesting, as i skipped through the whole thing only checking out the highlighted bits.

I don't understand what you mean. You only read the bits in different colours? Well that is the main parts of it anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

AArgh! Is there a way to fix a game that keeps getting crash dumps, I am in March, and keep getting crash dumps when trying to continue. I have tried holidaying over it, nothing works. I only have one save of this, so no backup. What can I do? Help!

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\crash dumps

Do that mate and delete all the files in the Crash dumps folder.