Iamahuman

Reaction score
I'm the manager of Sunderland, and I am near the end of the 2015/2016 season. I am apparently 30 million in the red. My stadium capacity is 50 something thousand and am on course to win the league for a second year running. Saying all this why am I in debt, clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United can afford astronomical wages without going into debt, and Chelsea have a smaller stadium than me and finish 10-14th regularly in my season. My highest paid player is 90k. Sure, I will get prize money when I win the league, but that goes down the drain pretty quickly, anyone got any help?

View attachment 188318
Now as you can see I have made a profit this month however that is due to high gate receipts which were against rivals Newcastle.

edit: I am also in the champions league, which I won last season too.

When buying players, do you pay the fees in installments

can we see screenshots of your income and expenditure please?

Looking at your finances, I think you'll break even at the end of the season. If you continue to be a successful club, you'll probably get rich new owners at some point anyway

Your bankloans are enormous!
Really? They just popped up when I got taken over a few seasons back.
Didn't know that 200k per month is considered big???

edit: The previous owner, Niall Quinn, when he was the owner it said "57 million gift loan, repayable when owner leaves"
sooooo

from that id say your bonus' are slightly high but not too bad

its probably cause you've just spent nearly £30M on gound maintainance. I take it you just improved your stadium + facilities?

The board wouldnt of given you that wage and transfer budget like that unless you can handle it, i take it your under your wage limit?

from that id say your bonus' are slightly high but not too bad

its probably cause you've just spent nearly £30M on gound maintainance. I take it you just improved your stadium + facilities?

The board wouldnt of given you that wage and transfer budget like that unless you can handle it, i take it your under your wage limit?

We had our stadium upgraded to 54,000 I think.
Yes, we are under the wage budget, however quite a few players contracts will be expiring next season and I click offer contract and they want about 30k to 50k, which will take me over the limit!

We had our stadium upgraded to 54,000 I think.
Yes, we are under the wage budget, however quite a few players contracts will be expiring next season and I click offer contract and they want about 30k to 50k, which will take me over the limit!

just adjust the wage,transfer budgets. as you bring the transfer budget down, the wages budget will go up

just adjust the wage,transfer budgets. as you bring the transfer budget down, the wages budget will go up

Already done that, have about 800k in transfer money, and if I take it down anymore it makes no difference so I keep it as it is.

edit: oh wait I have 1.5 million

edit2: Still makes no difference, dragging it left and it says at 1 million limit in wages.

Really? They just popped up when I got taken over a few seasons back.
Didn't know that 200k per month is considered big???

edit: The previous owner, Niall Quinn, when he was the owner it said "57 million gift loan, repayable when owner leaves"
sooooo
Sorry, I wrote that before you posted the other screens.

I think the problem could lie in your bonuses. Seem a little bit high to me!

I think the problem could lie in your bonuses. Seem a little bit high to me!

D: What am I going to do? I cannot offer them new contracts with lower bonuses, they reject.

Edit: Maybe I could give one of you the save to sort it out financially haha.

also, you are only getting 2.54 mil for one sponsership deal per season? i think man united etc make many millions from sponsership etc every season, which you dont have, plus your loans and bonuses, wages, ground upkeep etc seems to be why to me? just a thought :)

also, you are only getting 2.54 mil for one sponsership deal per season?:)

I was thinking this, I guess it is because I got the sponsorship when I came 6th in the league all the way back in 2010/2011. So at the end of 2017 I can expect a massive sponsorship?

well, i dont know about massive but it should improve! the thing with teams like man u is they have many many sponsership deals going on, have a look at it on the data editor or in game! theres loads! im not sure if you can get more sponsership deals like that, but the one you have should get better i would think!

How much would I have to go into the red to be in bankruptcy or administration?