Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
I'm currently managing Newcastle. I have some good strikers with good acceleration and speed stats, but am looking for a playmaker who can thread the ball through to them. Someone like Iniesta who can play those killer balls. In the past I have had a few players that should fit this mould in Modric and VDV. VDV gets a lot of assists and goals, but I can never really get the best out of Modric. I am looking to spend between £5m and £12m ideally. In the January transfer window I signed Mohammed Abou Trika who has really good stats for a playmaker, but he's only managed about 3 assists in about 20 games. Any ideas?

i can't really think of anyone off the top of my head but if you're looking for someone like iniesta have you tried creating a search from him. there's an option somewhere that let's you search for other players based on his key stats.

i can't really think of anyone off the top of my head but if you're looking for someone like iniesta have you tried creating a search from him. there's an option somewhere that let's you search for other players based on his key stats.

I've tried that. That's how I found Trika.

Milan Badelj.

I signed him in my old Spurs save. He wasn't bad. Maybe I should give him another go.

Alan Dzagoev - CSKA
Markus Henriksen - Rosenborg
Necip Uysal - Besiktas (might be a little more than £12m though)
Ruben Micael - Porto
Jadson - Shakthar
Ever Banega - Valencia
Jorge Valdivia - Palmeiras
Tinga - Palmeiras
Casemiro - Sao Paulo

Ok thanks. With Modric I had him as Adv Playermaker (Support). Like I say I didn't really get the best out of him. Any tips on how to get players like him making more assists?

If you want to emulate Modric (MC, Advanced Playmaker-Support) then go for Borja Valero, for 2.4m you really cannot go wrong. van der Vaart, I play as a Attacking Midfielder-Support, with long shots often, so if you want to find a play just like him go for Vuckevic.

Alternatively I'd say Moussa Sissoko is a good alternative for Modric, more defensive but still an excellent playmaker. Another alternative for VDV is Badelj, I don't have a lot of experiance with him but he looks to suit the role pretty well.

In response to Iniesta, I wouldn't say there are any players like him, he's a God on FM, just hope for an epic regen? :S

Last edited:
Suprised Valero wasn't recommended earlier

Steven Defour, Jao Moutinho, Enzo Reale, Marvin Martin, Christan Eriksen, Derflinger, Nuri Sahin, Javi Martinez, Thiago, Gylfi Sigurosson, Keisuke Honda, Andrea Poli are also all good players :)

Thiago from Barcelona is a natural successor to Iniesta and is relatively cheap. Also try Kevin from Zaragoza. Also mentioned above are Andrea Poli, Christian Eriksen and Nuri Sahin ***** are good creative players.
Milan Baldeij is a good option but my favourite would be Vladimir Yurichenko(sp). Hes a free agent at the start of 11.3 patch and despite his stats regularly gets me 15-20 assists a season aswell as a few goals when used as an Advanced playmaker. If you cant find him he is in the Belarus national team

Siem de Jong did well in my Aston Villa save in the 1st season, put him as an advanced playmaker (attack) and got a lot of assists/goals although he is young. I paid about 3.3m to get him.

Whoever you get, you can try training them PPMs such tries killer balls often and other stuff like that. It worked well for me to get a lot of assists from Grenier :D

Kevin - Zaragoza, doesn't carry the ball like Modric but is more in the Cesc mold of play making.

Then again this thread is most likely already solved...

For anybody playing on 11.2, Afellay was keeping Bale out of my Spurs team, after signing at the beginning of Season 1 for under £2m. Would definitely reccomend him.