Finding a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikAaquist

Reaction score
Hello managers,

I will try to cut this as short as I can. I am on the lookout for a club in which to pledge my allegiance in England. Having been following Spanish football quite extensively the last three years, and been a fan of FC Barcelona (I know right.) I found myself so disappointed seeing Spain winning the world cup this year, in utter frustration I piled up my Barcelona shirt, towels, other lame merchandise, in a bin and lit it up like a christmas tree. Now, I do not want this thread to be about why I have come to very much dislike Spanish football and FC Barcelona, as I am sure many other members on this board happen to fancy it.

Typically what fetches me in a club is their playstyle. I love the English leagues and the enormous amount of competition there is, and I figured that now that my TV company has decided to open up for English matches, I want to find and follow a club. I tend to like managers and their systems more so than general players. During the world cup, I loved watching Germany play. Their direct, deep passes had me at the edge of my seat and biting my fingernails almost all the time, it is because of this, I wonder if there are any clubs in England that utilizes this style other than Manchester United to some degree? Tottenham perhaps?

Oh well, I hope my questions are clear enough and that you can assist me!

Tottenham m8 -- great football to watch and never a dull moment (bar the current transfer window maybe.) Plus, we're a growing club, so you won't be classed as a glory hunter if you support Spurs :)

Thanks for the tip. I agree though, my money's on Tottenham :) It will be fun to follow them this year.

Arsenal.
Beautiful football, great policy on bringing through youth players, not just signing players who have already gained a reputation as fantastic footballers for £50 million.
We have Cesc Fabregas.
We have ***** goalkeepers.
We're getting better and better.
We're the best team in North London

Newcastle. Brilliant following, full of English talent,

Manchester City - U can't be classed a glory hunter as we havent won anything for a long long long long time :mad:

Seriously, Tottenham. I always enjoy watching them, and the highlight of last season was the 9-1 vs wigan. A great moment.

Also, if you want lower leagues, look for a team from FM, that you have clinged onto.

FM made me support Aldershot. Look at my username! I won the CL with them on FM06,07,08,09. Not on 10, as it is too easy now.

Manchester City - U can't be classed a glory hunter as we havent won anything for a long long long long time :mad:

Is that your excuse because you just started to support them when they became rich.

Not an English team but Glasgow Rangers the best team in Scotland and the most successfull team in world football

Hey,

Well I decided to chose Tottenham. I had a softspot for them last year and I never really liked Arsenal (so I am fit for the rivalries xD).

This: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amafCxxqgg"]YouTube- ‪Harry's Head Hit‬‎[/ame] puts Harry Redknapp at the top of my "favourite-manager" list. The closing line is utter genius: "No wonder he's in the facking reserves".

Thanks for your assistance!

Ok cool, you found a team, it wasn't Newcastle... :( CLOSED! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.