finding players to sign

goat

Reaction score
this is the part of the game i struggle at so was wondering what people do.

1. use search filters.... bit unrealistic
2. scouts only..... im not a fan of the scouts. they seem to under value a lot of good looking players (stats not photos )

3. average rating/ form.....to me this is most realistic but the scouts seem to argue with me on this.

any other suggestions/ tips ?

I just randomly search through teams that pop into my head really. Can spend a full session of football without hardly advancing a day due to looking thorough teams for potential players

what do you look for in each team ? the players numbers or his seasons form ?

bit of everything, if there are enough stats shown on him for me to take an interest I scout him, sometimes I look at the player stats for each league I have active. EG highest average rating and look at those players.
I often don't pick players by form, as form is temporary

sorry if i am wrong, but isnt there a remove unrealistic targets check box?

your right there is one, I still rarely use the player search as it does not bring up all players in your search. Just known players in your region

i meant unrealistic as in you shouldnt be able to just go out and grab a player with 17 jumping and 19 composure

even if i do that and scout him my scout makes up a reason he shouldnt be signed

i trawl through the transfer list, loan list, unattached list, contract expiring list

go through all my scout reports from all over the world and finally last resort is just plain searching for the type of player you want!

i spend ages doing transfers as its my fave part of the game. tbh i prefer it to the tactics and match play side of the game - i love building a team on low funds and the rest of the game is just a bonus. summer and january are my fave times of the season!

i meant unrealistic as in you shouldnt be able to just go out and grab a player with 17 jumping and 19 composure

even if i do that and scout him my scout makes up a reason he shouldnt be signed

ignore the scout if u wanna sign him then lol

I like to look at the rumored transfers part, can pick up some great players there

ahh the abramovic way, cheers katie

i think the llm way is possibly the way to go, assuming scouting isnt broken in 09

International under 21 and under 19 teams are always a great way to find potential talent. Whilst your looking at their youth players, if they are a less fashionable nation (Romania, Norway, Paraguay etc) have a look at their full side too.

I always find little gems in national sides.

International under 21 and under 19 teams are always a great way to find potential talent. Whilst your looking at their youth players, if they are a less fashionable nation (Romania, Norway, Paraguay etc) have a look at their full side too.

I always find little gems in national sides.

I totally agree. I quite often look at the under 21s for the African nations cos they have loads of quality players coming through (not that they ever want to sign for me mind :mad:)

They will do soon mate. Boro will get to the promised land.

Thanks for the confidence. Unfortunately in 7 seasons, I've managed 1 dismal season in the Championship and at the moment, even **** players won't join my club

but your now 4th in league on yes?

If so then you will get up. It must be intriguing playing that type of career. Starting from the doldrums and taking the team to the Championship, Iv always wanted to try but I don't think I have the patience, very commendable.

but your now 4th in league on yes?

If so then you will get up. It must be intriguing playing that type of career. Starting from the doldrums and taking the team to the Championship, Iv always wanted to try but I don't think I have the patience, very commendable.

Its definitely interesting. I don't normally have the patience (well, I still don't have the patience), but I am very determined to do it no matter how long it takes me. I'm hoping I will go up and not suffer the same miserable season in the Chamionship like before

Thats good, I hope its sooner rather then later, then you can get some real enjoyment battling in the Prem with some good players finally interested in signing for you.

I think you should do one of them series threads where you describe the journey of your Boro side. That would be good.

Worst thing is, I searched for it before I posted my last reply, lol. Typed in Eastbourne and nowt came up.

Thanks, consider it read and subscribed. I love reading some of these type of threads.