Jakey2303

Reaction score
I have just started a new save with Napoli, and I am trying to set up the club as best I can. Part of this plan was to find good, young staff with the same philosophies that I am looking to employ at the club.

I quickly realised that this was going to be very difficult to do, as there not only seems to be a lack of good young staff available to me, but there was no way to filter staff by their preferences in formation, passing, pressing etc.

So my question is, firstly is it possible to get a good, young set up of staff and will these young staff improve their stats with age?

Secondly is there a way to find staff with certain preferences, or if I get staff with different preferences will these change over time to suit the ones I am using at the club? For example, will my coaches who maybe have a 4-4-2 formation usually, will they change to the 3-3-2-2 I use after a few years? (I think I am going to struggle to find around 15 coaches all with a 3-3-2-2 formation!)

I have pretty much no experience going in depth with staff as usually I just pick the ones with the best attributes, so if anyone has any knowledge on the subject your input would be greatly appreciated.

Yes staff can improve with age. Sure I've read somewhere like players determination stat plays a part in how much they will improve. Coaching courses also help. I don't tend to worry too much about age of staff. If two potential coaches are identical I would go with the younger one but otherwise just go for the best one.

Don't worry about their preferred formations. This could have an effect if you have a DoF signing players on his own without your approval which is not a good idea. The other way it could have an effect is with reserve/u18 managers but as its best to have them play with your first team formation again it doesn't matter.

I'm starting to think that getting the right staff plays a key part in the game.

Formation I would break into either and worry about your assistant manager and whoever is your tactical coach -mine is my Assistant Manager- when it comes to preferred formation -

one striker formations 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1/4-3-3
two striker/back four formations 4-4-2 but can 4-4-1-1/even 4-2-3-1
three at the back formations 3-5-2/3-4-3/3-3-3-1/3-6-1

My thinking is all one striker formations are very similar in roles used, same goes with back 3 formations -very similar roles used... the difference between 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 isn't very much at -similar roles in all 3 again but really passing style, pressing style, marking style and playing mentality are more important.