Finding the transition from FM2011 to FM2013 a little hard..help please?

JokerBillo

Reaction score
So for the last two years or so I've been playing football manager 2011, and had a lot of fun, from guiding Tamworth to the premiership and making Napoli the best side in the world. I've always made my own tactics and just used them for the duration of the game.

However, now on 2013, I'm finding things a little harder. I first started as Newcastle and finished 4th, which was pretty good going really, but then at the start of the 2nd season we just kept losing and I got sacked. I've now started as AC Milan, I'm doing ok but I'm out the Champions League and Italian cup, and I've had some pretty shocking results and I can't seem to go on a long unbeaten run or anything.

I've transferred one of my winning tactics from 2011 over to this game, but it's still not helping me win on a consistent basis. I really need some help so I can get one good season going. I'm willing to put more time into tactics before each game etc, but it's knowing exactly what I need to do.

Any help with tactics, team talks staff responsibilities would be greatly appreciated.

I also switched over directly from fm11. I have to say, I haven't really been struggling with it, so I can't offer that much advice. The one thing I would say is that morale seems to be much more important in 13. So if you get in a losing streak it can be hard to pull out of it. Try praising players when they play well and holding team meetings.