Status
Not open for further replies.

FM Lect

Reaction score
Out of the whole game I've managed to find 2 players with 20 finishing. Papiss Cisse and Klass Jan Huntalaar! Messi has 19 finishing, neymar has 16 finishing! Why is it that a man who scores more goals than games for the worlds best club has worst finishing than a schalke and newcastle player? Can someone please explain this?

Out of the whole game I've managed to find 2 players with 20 finishing. Papiss Cisse and Klass Jan Huntalaar! Messi has 19 finishing, neymar has 16 finishing! Why is it that a man who scores more goals than games for the worlds best club has worst finishing than a schalke and newcastle player? Can someone please explain this?

messi's mental and physical stats contribute to those goals.

Finishing is about ball placement when shooting

finishing is pointless if you aren't in the right area or choose the wrong area to shoot at...

Even though i don't think Papiss or Huntalaar should have 20 finishing. Nor Messi at 19. I think they have higher finishing, because Messi will take on 2/3 players and have a easier finish. Where as Cisse and Huntalaar will have more difficult finishes. Even though Messi dose finish difficult ones. My theory anyway.

messi's mental and physical stats contribute to those goals.

Finishing is about ball placement when shooting

finishing is pointless if you aren't in the right area or choose the wrong area to shoot at...

I'd still say, even in terms of ball placement, Messi is the best finisher in the world. It's true that mental and phisical stats are just as important, but a stat of 20 should be reserved for players like Messi.

Composure and technique are just as important for finishing as he finishing attribute itself.

The most important stat is the descisions stat ;)

Couldn't agree more TommyTomster

...in terms of Messi, his off the ball, teamwork, creativity, decisions and composure will far surpass that of Cisse and KJH. They may be great strikers, but Messi can play anywhere in the front third and can create his own chances. Besides, a finishing stat of 19 is still incredible!

Couldn't agree more TommyTomster

...in terms of Messi, his off the ball, teamwork, creativity, decisions and composure will far surpass that of Cisse and KJH. They may be great strikers, but Messi can play anywhere in the front third and can create his own chances. Besides, a finishing stat of 19 is still incredible!

Im Tommy and i approve this message :)

This has been discussed to death as part of various issues, including the famous 'waaaaaah why wont my 20 finishing striker score one v ones?!?!?!'

The finishing stat works in combination with:

Composure
Technique
Off The Ball
Decisions
Anticipation
Balance

Even then there's factors like

Strength (if hes under pressure from a defender when taking the shot)
First Touch (terrible touch = less likely to be in a comfortable position to finish)

And hidden attributes like:

Pressure
Temperment
Important Matches
Consistency

So yes Ba has better 'finishing' than Messi but the combination of all the other stats makes Messi a better goalscorer.

Nothing else to say, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.