Jaggro

Reaction score
I literally cannot score.

65% possession in games, 20-30 shots per game.

I reduced long shots. Still 20-30 shots.

I tried "work ball into box" to further decrease long shots. Still 20-30 shots.

I've signed strikers with 16+ finishing and composure.

I have 4.5 star Attacking and Shooting coaches.

I've focused my training on "attacking" and match on "attacking movement"

I watch key highlights, and we get one-on-one with the keeper at least 3 times a game, with awful finishing.

I just don't understand what you're supposed to do to score goals on this years' game.

I've never really struggled (at least after the first month of release) with an FM or CM game before, and this year, I'm lost.

Am I missing anything more I could possibly do help my striker learn to finish?

If a player gets one on one time and time again, it's clear not anything tactical. I don't get it.

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem mate, trying so hard to sort it tho!

change the ppm's of your strikers to curls ball, places shots and give them an individual instruction to shoot less often, basically this means they will basically shoot when it is in more in their favour and due to the place shots ppm, more often than not the will go fo a tap in than a pile driver shot, worked for me.

damiao, is some one who i always get, but he is so much better of a poacher/advanced forward with the suggestions above.

you's must understand on this years FM it's all about creativity, your striker could score 30-40 goals a season but like in real life these goals have to be set up from your other players, just like iota4u says PPM's can be crucial for these instants.

also a hint here that works, when you train your striker to go round the GK on one on one also have there PPM set on knock ball past the player and dribble through the centre just because you have a player that rounds the keeper doesn't mean he will always do it but with these two other PPM's they will.

also when using PPM lob the keeper make sure he has a high Technique attribute and also have shot from distance PPM and plays one two pass PPM