rrj2415

Reaction score
Shoots with power or places shots? Which one do you think is better in football manager and why. Also please let me know if it will depend on different players or stats and please let me know which stats should be take into account for each one

Composure and technique

the higher - places shots,
the lower - smash it.

Composure and technique

the higher - places shots,
the lower - smash it.

does shoots other power take strength or anything into consideration? Would the higher the strength the harder the shot be? Would someone woth poor finishing and also somebody small and weak be able to successfully shoot with power?

No it has no effect

Im guessing a player with high composure and technique would still be able to finish well by shooting with power, seeing as they don't need good finishing or composure anyway so they would just be like bonuses, am I right?

Im guessing a player with high composure and technique would still be able to finish well by shooting with power, seeing as they don't need good finishing or composure anyway so they would just be like bonuses, am I right?

Low Finishing, Comp, Tech = Shoots with Power
High Finishing, Comp & Tech = Places shots.

All 3 low he can do niether, all 3 high he can prob do both.

Last edited:
I think if your striker has very high Finishing and Technique then it would be better to train him "Place Shots" PPM

I think if your striker has very high Finishing and Technique then it would be better to train him "Place Shots" PPM

What ratings in these attributes would you decide to teach a premier league striker that ppm?

if I didn't explain that clearly, what is the minimum finishing and technique that you would class as "very high"

What ratings in these attributes would you decide to teach a premier league striker that ppm?

if I didn't explain that clearly, what is the minimum finishing and technique that you would class as "very high"

16+

somewhere 15-16+

I haven't checked aguero's stats however I am guessing that his technique and finishing are definitely above 16 and I'm pretty sure his composure will be at least 16 too so I'm going to use him as an example for my questions. (If his stats are lower, I doubt they are just just for this purpose pretend that they are all 16 or over)

i know now it would depend on the chance and other things etc, but I'm right in saying that aguero would have more chance of scoring when having the "places shots" ppm compared to if he didn't have it? Yes no?

also he would be more likely to score if he has "places shots" compared to if he had "shoots with power"

but then if he had "shoots with power" would he be more likely to score than if he didn't have a ppm for shooting?

i have the feeling it goes places shots>shoots with power>neither of them two ppms. However for the places shots the player will need high finishing, technique and possibly composure?

I think i understand but could you please let me know if I'm right or wrong? If so, which bits are wrong?

Aguero's numbers are so high neither PPM will improve his chances much, hes one of the best in the world regardless.

Here - Shoots With Power versus Places Shots

One is not better than the other, but applied to the right player getting chances in the right place, could improve him.

Take into account the player stats, player role and chances he is getting. Is he blowing 1-1s? shooting from tight angle due to moving into channels, You wont get a definitive this one is always better and will get you more goals.

Aguero's numbers are so high neither PPM will improve his chances much, hes one of the best in the world regardless.

Here - Shoots With Power versus Places Shots

One is not better than the other, but applied to the right player getting chances in the right place, could improve him.

Take into account the player stats, player role and chances he is getting. Is he blowing 1-1s? shooting from tight angle due to moving into channels, You wont get a definitive this one is always better and will get you more goals.

thanks for the link I'll have a look at that and aguero was just an example to see which one worked best in general but I understand now, however I am thinking of what to give Olivier Giroud. Would 16 finishing, 14 technique and 14 composure be enough to benefit placing shots or would he be simply better off smashing it?

Look at Ronaldo, he's got "Shots With Power" PPM and Messi's got "Place Shots" PPM :)

thanks for the link I'll have a look at that and aguero was just an example to see which one worked best in general but I understand now, however I am thinking of what to give Olivier Giroud. Would 16 finishing, 14 technique and 14 composure be enough to benefit placing shots or would he be simply better off smashing it?

Depends where he chances are falling. tighter the angle lean more towards places.

Look at Ronaldo, he's got "Shots With Power" PPM and Messi's got "Place Shots" PPM :)

I think if your striker often shots from tight angles then I'd better to train him "Place Shots" PPM because it's really hard to score from tight angles if you shot with power but the same time look at Ronaldo, he's an inside forward but he's got "Shots With Power" PPM