Fiorentina: Can the once powerful city become a powerful football force too?

I can't figure out 3 at the back formations either, for what it's worth. I'm hoping FM18 will have some new roles that better reflect how those systems work.

Really enjoying this story though. It's interesting, again, seeing so many of my feeling about Serie A and Fiorentina reflected in your experiences. It's an INCREDIBLY competitive league - behind Juve, there's about 8 teams (Inter, Milan, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Sassuolo, Bologna and Verona on my save) who are all around the same level, pushing for Europe. Lazio got relegated, weirdly.

I also found it was an extremely impatient league, both in terms of manager turnover and also in terms of the ****** players themselves - teams have such massive squads that it feels like every week there's a player or two who's getting pissy about not playing enough.

And the gulf in cash between Serie A and B is frankly shameful. Before I took over at Fiorentina I got Pescara promoted, and they had a wage cap of £4,300 per player per week. How on earth are Pescara, with an average first-team wage of £3k, supposed to compete with Juventus whose average first-team wage is £70k+? I get that it's all an attempt to get teams' books balanced properly, but still...

Anyway. Enjoying this, keep it going!

They just need more discipline, they come wide too often. Hopefully Conte has changed this for FM18, as I think being created by an English company, the shift had to be here for them to really pay attention.

It is impatient. At the beginning of March only 10 managers are left who started the season...
The large sub benches don't help, as we buy up huge squads to fill them, plus more for injuries, and then put some youngsters on the bench too. Romantics like myself like to play these youngsters, so then there's loads of benched players not getting game time! If you analyse your finances too, this is awful in terms of unused sub payouts as well.

It's tough, but Serie B isn't live broadcasted internationally (maybe not even nationally, I don't know?), and only some Serie A games can be viewed in England on BT. TV money isn't there like in other leagues.

I shall, January is now up, and I'll get at least February, but probably March done today too! Thanks for the support.

Driussi is a played i signed on loan for my Sporting save. Loving using him. Shame the form dipped hopefully there is an upturn coming

Driussi is a played i signed on loan for my Sporting save. Loving using him. Shame the form dipped hopefully there is an upturn coming

He's been good but inconsistent. If I keep my job im going to need a new world class cf in the transfer window, but with an expiring contract and having bottled it from being just outside CL to likely finishing 9th, I feel even if I win the cup, I'll be sacked LVG style.

My heart says stay, sell Badelj, Vecino and Valero, and bring through Diakhate to replace one and Llorente to replace another. Then use the money gained to renew Bernardeschi and Chiesa, and bring in one more CM.

My head says walk out on principle: Klopp is about to take the Barca job, and a vacant Liverpool job would be very attractive, especially considering the business they've done over the past year.

An Update...

An Update...

So, it seems that by minimising the FM17 application in order to explain the situation to you all, I've rejected a contract renewal by default, as it's no longer available, and if I try to ask the board for one, they reject it.

It's been fun whilst it lasted, there's been highs and there's been lows.

I will be continuing the save, but the story was about bringing Fiorentina back to greatness using a three defender formation, so it ends here. Thank you for tuning in and for your comments, and if I return to Fiorentina later in the save, I'll restart the story.

Haha, how very strange. Shame, although those last few months were a painful read.

Haha, how very strange. Shame, although those last few months were a painful read.

In February, when I wasn't close to the CL spots, I was so excited, and after that nothing changed tactically, and the players' morale was still very good! I'm still puzzled by what went wrong. It's annoying the game glitched, as I was going to accept the offer!

I failed to get the Liverpool job, and a host of national jobs post the 2018 World Cup, and am now working for Puel as France U21 manager, after he fired the last one. I've saved their 2019 U21 World Cup qualification campaign, and am hoping for a good show in that before resigning for a club job.

I should add im still using exactly the same tactics.

Devastating that the minimising rejected your contract. Perhaps a settings bug. I would have reloaded at a save point and just got back to that point.
Perhaps another possible career story or follow this one from where you are now? Your choice of course. It is a shame it ended that way but it seemed they made it difficult for you.

Devastating that the minimising rejected your contract. Perhaps a settings bug. I would have reloaded at a save point and just got back to that point.
Perhaps another possible career story or follow this one from where you are now? Your choice of course. It is a shame it ended that way but it seemed they made it difficult for you.

Yes perhaps... I save every 3 months, so it would feel like cheating to go back that far, as that's when the troubles started!

As mentioned, I'm now the France U21 manager, about to take this squad to the U21 Championship, and I think I have a good chance at winning to boost my reputation, before resigning and taking a club job:

View attachment 90444 View attachment 90443

I appreciate that M'Bappe/Dembele aren't suited to the roles their in, but they've scored 3 and 2 in the last game each has played respectively, so are still very effective.

That's a great job actually. France has probably the best youth products in the world in Footy Manager, in my experience.

You only save every 3 months!??! Jesus... I save every week (with a monthly autosave) and even then I feel that's not enough!