Gia7x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As every year from 00/01, I started a career with Fiorentina, but this year, for the very first time, I am getting mad!
I can't find the right tactic...I tried heaps of different ones I found on FM-Base. It doesn't matter if I play against a top team like Juventus, or against a mediocre as Bologna or a Greek team in the Europa League...I lose with a 3-4 goals' difference. I also shoot just a few time. It's horrible and so frustrating. I can't also find a proper role for Mario Gomez. I tried different roles, but he always plays horribly and never scores.

These are my players:

-GK
Neto
Munua

-DF
Gonzalo Rodriguez
Mateo Musacchio
Nenad Tomovic
Marvin Compper
Marcos Alonso
Facundo Roncaglia

-CM
Massimo Ambrosini
Borja Valero
Ogenyi Onazi
David Pizarro

-WINGER
Juan Manuel Vargas
Josip Ilicic
Juan Cuadrado
Joaquin
Ryder Matos
Adnan Januzaj
Aleksander Yakovenko
Matias Vecino

-STRIKER
Giuseppe Rossi
Mario Gomez
Domenico Berardi
Ante Rebic

Now, I'd like to play with a 4-2-2-2.
2 DFs & 2 SBs - 2 CMFs - 2 WINGERS - 2 STRIKERS

Otherwise a 4-2-3-1 would be great as well.
2 DFs & 2 SBs - 2 CMFs - 2 WINGERS & 1 AMF - 1 STRIKER

Please help me and if possible just send me a proper tactic!! I am really losing my mind this year :)
Thank you so much and sorry for my English!

Cheers :)

I am playing with Fiorentina and have tried a ton of tactics but are now having decent succes with a 4-4-2 tactic - just beat Inter 3-0 in the Italian Cup. I am still very much changing and playing around with the tactic, but I can try to upload the 4-4-2 tactic later today. I play Gomez as a poacher and he has been my best striker by far - I think he has scored about 15 goals halfway through the season. In the 4-4-2 I partner him with Rossi as a Deep Lying Forward or False Nine.

I have sold Cuadrado for 15 mio Pound Sterling to Liverpool - as part of raising enough funds to buy Sandro from Tottenham - I feel the team lack in the strong midfield area - from the start of the game I feel Fiorentina have a lot of attacking midfielders - and some of them need to go. I have also sold Aquilani for 10 mio Pound Sterling. I feel the team needs a decent goalkeeper and a back-up striker as well. It is quite and old team, so a lot of the players are up for sell over the next two seasons.

As you, I have also been quite surprised with the lack of consistency - I was expecting to win more games with a top half team like Fiorentina - I think that some of the answer may lie in the pre-match focus. I.e. attacking movement, defensive set pieces etc. I have begun looking at my stats after every game and if I have had a lot of corners for example I choose to train attacking set pieces for the next game - I am not sure if it has any effect, but just an idea I had.

Last edited: