dimo74

Reaction score
My dear friends,
i am playing Fm Manager for more than 10 years, with good results...

This year i have huge problem. Until now i have fired from 5 different teams :
AEK Athens, Napoli, Inter, Tottenham and last but not least from Chelsea.
From most fired early January... What is wrong with me in FM13 ?
I use the same tactics ( more or less ) with previous games, so i don't
understand what happened.

Except AEK in all other teams i played much better than the opponents but
i lose so many matches.

Can you explain to me what happened and help me ?:'(

Most likely, its becaue your results in previous editions was due to you using a tactic that exploited the match engine and when these flaws have been ironed out, your approach has become unbalanced.

Okay I understand what you say, but i used the same tactics for years. What has changed now ? Ultimately what I can do ? For example to playing defensive when I get Chelsea ?

Okay I understand what you say, but i used the same tactics for years. What has changed now ? Ultimately what I can do ? For example to playing defensive when I get Chelsea ?

Well, in previous editions, you could score i goal every game from a corner. Previously, players could run through each other, now they cant. Previously, teams using a 4231 with 2 MC could not defend since the defending of MCs where heavily flawed. If using 3 FCs, the opponenet could not defend against it as they did not pick up, mark or close down the central FC.

I common thing this lead to was that users won games despite not paying attention to the man management ( picking the correct players, keeing them happy and motivated, using enough players with good mental stats ) or if the tactic was balanced in terms of enough players defending,, support, attacking, creating space and exploiting space etc.

Its hard to say where you go wrong so perhaps you could explain how you would approach a team. Lest take Chelsea, how would use the squad ? Could you perhaps start a new save with them and make a tactic using the Tactic Creator and put the players you would use on the field and take a screenshot. Then, it would be easier to say where the flas lies.

ok, see my tactics :
1st tactic ( i like much ) 4-2-3-1 winger :

2nd tactic ( when i want more defensive approach 4-1-2-2-1 :

Sometimes in this tactic i use DM as DLP ...

3RD and final tactic 4-4-2 :

Also i can say that i use winger players like IF sometimes and that the most of the games i play
much better than the opponent but i lose because i didn't score...

What do you think ?

The only thing I can say about the tactics is that the first one is very attacking and with your defense you probably should play a little deeper, none of your defenders are fast enough to justify playing that far forward.
Also, this is just personal preference but I always have one winger on support and one on attack (regardless of their actual role, even if they are IF or AP etc.). I find that I seem to get more goals that way, as the attacking winger will cross the ball to the supporting winger who arrives a little later and is often in perfect position to score. But I know a lot of people on this site like to use them both on attacking duty and have success like that.

Well, if looking at our First tactic, I would say that the flaw lies in that its just too attacking. Against teams sitting deep and defending and using possession based shouts, I would play Standard or Attack BUT without tweaking the counter box, this along with some stretching and patient shouts ( like retain, play wider) The other thing I would change is he roles of the MCs. Here, you have one CM on support that in a fluid approach will try to act almost like an advanced playmaker. This along with a Ballwinner means that you will have one MC attacking and supporting whilst the other with close down anyone near him, easily getting dragged out of position so why not use him as a CM on defend instead.

Apart from this, I can only agree with the previous poster about the roles. When playing a fluid approach, it's ever so important to have players moving between the lines so I would perhaps only use 2 of the 4 advanced players on attacking duties and two of them on support. I would also consider using one if the Fbs on an attacking dutie.

Last edited:
mnk26 and TheBetterHalf : Thanks for your help, i ll test your suggestions...

For make myself clear, i want to say again that, in most of the matches, i play much better than the opponent
but i have big problem to score... In my last game with Chelsea :'( i had 26 ( 14 ) shoots, no gol,
but the opponent ( West Ham ) , had 6 ( 4 ) shoots , 3 goals...
So i want to ask you : Is there some tricky situation in fm13 ? Something totally different from the real football
game, but important in fm 13 ?

...and an additionally question : where can i find information for coach shoutouts during matchtime ?

I took charge in Nottingham Forrest...
Look my results :mad: :
Tottally different in friendlies by formal games :

I took charge in Nottingham Forrest...
Look my results :mad: :
Tottally different in friendlies by formal games :

I feel you... :) When I first started on FM13, I had a bit of getting use to because of the big changes in the game engine... But keep going :) once you get the hang of it you will start winning a lot :D