Firefox, a replacement?

FulhamFan101

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm currently using Firefox as my web browser but its causing me a few problems. It will randomly crash so i'll close the window and try to open it again. Only, when I do so I get an error message (see screenshot). I'm getting a little tired of having to restart my computer every five mins. I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this? Basically, I really want a new web browser but I don't know which one to go for. I've downloaded Google Chrome but I've heard its pretty *****. Can anybody make a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know where else I could put it.

either to reinstall firefox or use google chrome or even internet explorer.

Google Chrome is ace i use it its fast aswell and safe

I have reinstalled Firefox twice. I just get the same problem. It drives me nuts!

Give Opera a go. I've used to for years and I wouldn't change to anything else.

Thanks for you help guys. I've decided to go with Opera. Its very fast and it took me about 10 seconds to customize the skin.

Yeah, Firefox 3.5 is a pain in the rear-end. It randomly crashes every hour or so. I don't know if it's in the beta phase but Mozilla has screwed up big time with this release.

Never crashes for me, ever. Upgrade to the latest stable version?

I have had this before

Go into your task manager and the processes bit and stop the Firefox process. Should work, does for me

its probably your regisrty files problem.seek how to clean your registry of ffox, or just altćtrl´del>FIREFOX.EXE(END PROGRAM AND START AGAIN)

Yup, definitely an issue on your end. I've been using the latest Firefox Beta Releases for almost a year now and never have any problems.

its probably your regisrty files problem.seek how to clean your registry of ffox, or just altćtrl´del>FIREFOX.EXE(END PROGRAM AND START AGAIN)

sometimes the end program doesn't work, you have to end the process

I had problems with firefox for a while so changed to opera, been brilliant so far but anybody tell me how i can delete my history.

I had problems with firefox for a while so changed to opera, been brilliant so far but anybody tell me how i can delete my history.

To selectively delete press CTRL+SHIFT+H to go to your history and then simply press the delete key to delete the ones you want removing.

Or to remove it all press Tools > Delete Private Data and then choose Detailed Options to select the type of stuff you want removing.

Safari, from Apple. Awesome browser, fast and simple

I used to use Google Chrome but it got VERY laggy and so I switched back to Firefox.
Try a reinstall or Delete EVERYTHING (Cookies/History/Remembered Passwords etc)