Firing Blanks - FMH 2013 - Manchester United

kenaldo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a long break from the Football Manager series (FM2005 was an obsession), I got FMH2013 on ios (iPad) last week and I find that I'm having huge difficulty scoring goals. I've started two games as Manchester United and have found, on both occasions, that I average around one goal per game, despite having Rooney, van Persie, Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa etc. playing a variety of roles up front.

The flipside to this is that I seem to defend very well and concede, on average, about .5 goals per game. It's getting quite frustrating to watch games against 'weaker' opposition finish as 0-0 draws; the game passing by without any real chances being created.

I'm beginning to wonder if my overall approach is way off. I've tried a variety of formations and none have been convincing. I wonder ifg it's actually my team and player instructions that are holding me back.

If anyone can offer any help on the above, I'd really appreciate it.

If you post your tactics, it'll be easier to help you improve your tactics. Just post a screenshot?

--------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Generation 8GB via the Tapatalk application.

MisterZhifei

At the moment I'm persisting with a 4-3-3

GK
DR - Wing back
DC - Central Defender
DC - Central Defender
DL - Wing back
CM - Advanced Playmaker
CM - Deep Lying Mid
CM - Advanced Playmaker
FC - Advanced Forward
FC - Poacher
FC - Advanced Forward

Team instructions

Mentality: Attacking
Passing Style: Direct
Tackling: Normal
Pressing: Yes
Offside Trap: No
Counter Attack: No
Men Behind Ball: No

I'd say you are playing with the midfield line and the attacking line too far. Perhaps moving one of the CM to AM would help a less direct approach that would probably help in scoring goals.