Wynters

Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to reboot this challenge in a quest for European and eventual world dominance with Cyprus, starting with little Assia, a nice club who got relegated last year. Why are they a nice club? I have absolutely no idea but I picked them last year in 13 and and a ball.
Problem is though that with the relegation and climbing back into Div B, we lost any and all reputation, so no-one wanted to come.
So we had to stick with the players the engine blessed us with a few minor touches. We ended up with this as our best player.

I followed the Physicals beat Mentals advice in the lower leagues that was recommended to me by a few of the guys in the Dafuge challenge. Only problem was the other squads could afford both like the third back-up striker at Doxa who looked like this.

So the first half of a season was the worst half I have ever experienced in my life. And yet I couldn't be sacked because we were expected to come dead last
tongue.png

The second half worked better for us though with a 6-3 win over Onisillos who had their keeper sent off and were just as bad as us.
And I found my gold-mine in the Ivory Coast Under 20's signing this guy on a free

The problem with this side, was that we are so ****, there's no point in defending as we have no decent defenders, so I stuck to my "Score more than they do." Approach and we had these results at the back end of the season

So we narrowly avoided relegation, won 16 times the value of our club in prize money and are gonna try and consolidate with this second season in the Div B before pushing on for promotion in 2017, sounds easy enough, getting there may prove to be impossible.
So there you have it, hope you guys enjoy :)

So come the end of last season the whole squad bar three players was out of contract, and I thought. "Hey Five Ivory Coast players are out of contract to!" I'm not even gonna lie, that was any and all though on the matter. So I spent 60% of my wage budget on five players, and spent the rest on **** players/loans to fill up the side. And it's worked well.

Solid LB, will play onto next season before I look for better options

May keep him as a permanent back-up if he's interested, when I find a better player. For now he's great for the div and has potential leading Div A player on his PA recommendation by my scouts.

I'll need to find better come next season, but for this level he has been exceptional, a nice solid CB who could mix it up in the A fr one season, or he'll be benched permanently, he's my captain atm

Keeping, the amount of long range screamers from him, Kassi and Toure has been awesome, the three dominate the midfield for us. So far he has 10 goals from outside the box and he's been monumental with 7 assists as well.

Said Toure, sadly lacking in physicals but his technique is very solid, love using him.
So Five beasts held together by solid if unexceptional Cypriots has led to this set of fixture results

Looking forward to a possible title challenge so far. Surprising to say the least since I was expecting say 10th for this season. Currently sitting in 2nd place.

So we finished in second place after a great run notching up a 26 game unbeaten streak to slide into the playoffs in Second place. Eight steps above what I was hoping for so there were absolutely no complaints in the end. Assia has an interesting system where the top 6 play each other once in a group stage where the top three are promoted. So it would be interesting to see how we went on.

We had a great run notching up 58 goals in 20 games, our most spectacular being the 8-1 demolition of Digenis which saw them relegated from the league, I felt like a right arsehole for it as well.

The two losses Deryneia had coming from us.
We continued the streak against the champions, beating them away and wrapping up promotion two games beforehand, the highlight being the amazing 9-0 win against Alki

And for perusal here are my tactics, I only use the one assembled though, the other will probably never get used unless I get into a funk.

And that wraps it up, the only gal next year is survival as we'll be outgunned financially, Assias may either become more African or we'll start searching the Japanese market, where my last saviour came in FM13

So we kicked off the season with booting everyone out of the club, one year contracts are my thing until the club is semi-decent. I've had the Aus Leagues loaded up for this and spent the whole first season raiding them, if anyone is familiar with said league I've signed up Hersi and Weilart and a load of Aussie regens as back-ups.
My best player by far is a Colombian dude who I picked up, 80k at the time and he has beasted everyone so far.

So far he's kicked 12 goals and he's heading the charts, really reliable Poacher.

We've had a solid start, we can't match the Top 4 and every other side is well in our reach. I did crack Apollon last game with a nice little counter strategy, the rest of my matches are being played with an attacking formation.

I gonna try and make a push for 4th and get into the Euro rounds, wouldn't be upset to finish in the top 6 though.

Very much enjoying this so far! Will keep on following this, all the best with the rest of the season!

The Second Season in Division A was again solid if unspectacular, clearing out the first squad led to a lot of inconsistency which cost us at the start of the season. Thankfully I was only expected to be in a respectable spot so tenth counted due to points above the relegation zone. I couldn't find any wingers to sign and because of that the formation suffered.

Thankfully some team let lose a winger in the Ghanian National Side and I pounced, picking up this guy on $500 a week.

His pace was at 9 but with heavy focuses on Quickness he's heading towards 12 or so which will be pretty decent and his overall stats are amazing.
With him signed up we had a massive last 10 games getting towards the Euro Cup places before we lost on the last day and finished 2 points outside the top 4.

We really should have beaten both those sides at the end but it wasn't to be so we finished 6th again and set about revamping the squad as more guys were let go.

For this season I raided the Australian market and picked up the new Viduka on a free, they even have a name which sounds the same
tongue.png

And I feel I have to give Kassi a mention considering with my half-star facilities he's still turned into an utter beast, and I'm probably going to keep him here for his whole career ♥ Absolute Monster in the Midfield

We had a great season this year, ultimately falling well short of first and second but we snuck into the Euro Cup where we will start from the second round and hope we will be able to have a good campaign.

There were a few issues this season, the complete restoration of the team as always left us short of squad understanding, this translated to a poor start to the season, although it was not as poor as some of our earlier ones and we quickly recovered to sit in third for most of the season.

As you can see three losses and a draw, whilst not bad that was a sixth of our season and we were already 11 points off the pace. Such is the ability of APOEL and Nea Salamina, they basically ravage anyone and everyone which can be quite annoying when you're relying on them to slip up at least 4 times to get back in.

Then we had a good last season run, drawing with the top two and gaining results against everyone else to keep us in place. We lost our 5 point gap over the other teams though and it became a dog-fight for Europe at the end which we just survived.
Notable Signings were Nwachukwu who took over our left flank, but he's only really come on in 2020 which will be the next update.

Player of the Season
Issah scored 18 goals and gave 17 assists from 24 games at an average of 7.9 Easily the core of my team and when him and Kassi fire we're unbeatable

The defense as always is our weak point and needs heavy investment over the coming windows, but an unusual job came up and I gleefully accepted.

Now I just need some decent regens to really boost our chances.

SEASON 6: EuropeWell first begins our journey through the Europa League, we were put into the first qualifying round for our first ever entrance into Europe against Keflavik, some Scandinavian side which would probably be in Iceland... Anyways we had a great first leg beating them 4-1 at home before we went on to the double and beat them 2-1 in their own back-yard. Nwachukwu was the stare bagging a brace in both matches to move us along to the second round with relative ease.

Up next were the Danish giant Midtjylland FC, so I wasn't holding up much hope for getting past them. The first leg saw us take a narrow 3-2 win at home after a Kassi penalty helped us get in front, I then had to pray for a draw or batter away from home, which I had some doubts over. But the boys stuck to their guns taking an early lead through a set-piece and after some dogged defending we took away a 1-1 draw to see us through to the third qualifying round.

The draws didn't get easier as we were passed on to Basel who were arguably the worst we could have been handed alongside Tottenham. We suffered a 1-1 draw at home, and I felt the jig was up, Until my 2 gems in Kassi and Issah stepped up and brought us a 2-0 victory away from home with some sensational strikes.

Having knocked out one of seeds in my group, I was given an easier opponent for the play-offs in the form of Ukranian club Karpaty, I took full advantage of it and won 5-1 on aggregate picking up wins in both matches.

Being the 4th seeds I wasn't hoping for a good group, just one which i could win a few games against and hope for the best. That came in the form of Braga, Monaco, and Lokomotiv Moscow. I fancied myself against all of them to be honest, because I thought that was how good my squad was
tongue.png

We started well with 2 wins, I then faced Monaco back-to-back, the first was a comprehensive ***-handing but the second saw us lose to a 89th minute penalty and a goal i felt was offside, we picked upthe win against braga and I let the ASSMAN play Lokomotiv because we'd already snuck through
biggrin.png

Then our luck ran out as we ran into eventual winners of the Europa in Valencia, after a comprehensive 4-1 loss at home I figured why not go for a miracle and kept the attacking formation. Ultimately we were thwarted by our own mistakes as we had 3 goals dissallowed for offside in the first 20 minutes, all from the same midfielder. Still a 2-1 loss against Valencia was an honorable way to depart the contest.

My one little pet hate was the over-achievers of the year award, because it wasn't me but a little club in Gibraltar called Lions Gibraltar who made this stunning run.

As always, a victim of FM Logic
sad.png

We made some key transfers during the year in our search to finally catch up with the big boys of APOEL and Nea Salamina, Over-all though the squad was kept largely the same so that we could start strong and not waste 5/6 games trying to get up to speed. The most notable transfers were these, all going through to give the squad either some depth or much needed strength.

Hugo Quintero was a Right Back who came in for, well no-one really, an Assian dude from the start who had been decent with 1 and a half stars, he's been in and around the colombian squad and has a decent stats spread, able to both attack and defend.

Guido Vadala

One of the jewels of my midfield, he and Kassi shared the AP spot and both played in it very well, still developing he's currently at 2 and a half stars but he's not consistent and that's often a major problem for me.

Anyone who played the old FMs would know who Patricio Rodriguez is, a nice crafty Midfielder who was available on a free, I was stunned that he wanted to come but jumped right in, his experience has been pretty handy and after I sold off Nwachukwu he filled in during the early stages.

My other signing was more of a Cyprus domestication in mind due to Euro Places, he was for free in the Cyprus National Team and I offered a contract which he signed much to my surprise, because he had Stoke going for him I think. Still he's mainly a back-up/bench player who regularly does the Cypriot Cup for us.

Unlike previous seasons we started well, a 5-0 thrashing of Paralimni to start the season off was quite lovely, the only stumbling block was APOEL who we sacrificed a game to because we had Europa on during the week, other than that a draw against Salamina was always positive and left us in 1st come half-time through to March

That was when I found the king of our squad as he was offered to me for free, somehow he'd been in Monaco for 6 years and I hadn't even found him, still he came in and guided us through the last six games where APOEL and I traded first place every weekend.

The last 6 games went like this,

Securing a draw against both APOEL and Salamina again was huge because APOEL had drawn the day before, so we finished up with 22 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss to finish with 69 points whilst APOEL finished with 21 wins and 5 draws, only getting 68 despite being unbeaten. In short we finally won the A Division!

Player of the Season was without a Doubt Nwachukwu who gave is 17 goals and 9 assists from 17 games at an average of 8.02

So yeah, a title and Champions League Football next year, onwards and upwards

Season 2020/21: Europe and Transfers
So I'm a few seasons ahead and some guys have left the club, so just ignore those small details
tongue.png

We signed some more players in a push for Europe, we entered in the Second Qualifying Leg and were asked to 'be competitive' I had no idea what that meant so I just assumed that getting into the group stages would meet expectations. To do this I had to remove some of my Africans for some quality European or South American players, or anyone who would do well in Europe, and with 5mil to spend I went for it.

I signed my Number 1 GK in Kevin Alvarez who had similar stars to Dje Yao who had been in goals for the last 3 seasons, unlike Djeh Yao though he had 2 more stars potential wise and I slotted him into the first team immediately

03c1b-7dea0e93-2c9f-4e5f-b47f-7e8fc2a72974.png

I then played Iran in line with my Australian duties and was torn apart by this guy, Aghazadeh was his name and he wasn't a greyed out guy who had a good game, he was very much real and purchase-able, and he was brilliant.

03c1b-edd83aa0-060e-4855-8313-6c5de1bd8b60.png

2.5 was used to buy him along with craploads of bonuses, he only lasted one season though as Athletico Madrid came in with a 17 mil bid which matched his release clause.

Outside of that we signed some nice first team players in Raul Iberbia, Leandro Paredes and The Porto Player JOSUE who is utterly amazing

Iberbia

03c1b-1673edde-fbbf-448e-bbb4-9a1811dba50e.png

Paredes

03c1b-cec3239b-b608-425f-8147-764ed6fecd84.png

Josue

03c1b-880eaea3-ec4a-4ed3-9e40-c673245ba7fa.png

I then picked up two youngsters in 22 year old Gallo who became a back-up striker and Nelson Mina who is an Ecuador international at 19, and I have high hopes for.

03c1b-664a5f47-3fb3-456c-b0ca-c835134862d0.png

03c1b-5a3499f4-5e13-44fa-81b0-db4a08529b45.png

EUROPE

So we were drawn against Armenian Giants Mika in the qualifiers, a team which gave me and a mate trouble in our Armenian Save a while back, thankfully I had no problem with them this time winning 7-2 on aggregate over the two legs.

03c1b-87258a84-a3c1-4b7f-a2b1-80fd97d1b442.png

We were then drawn against Swedish Side Malmo FF who we beat 4-1 over the legs, although we had a scare when they tied it up 1-1 in Cyprus only for us to get three goals in the second half.

03c1b-7994e651-a8d5-46a9-aed0-fea57b05b4c4.png

We then reached the play-offs where we faced Dinamo in the hardest and most difficult section of our tourney, we lost 1-0 away from home and were up against it int he second. Enter Aghazadeh who we had signed 2 days before and he scored a brace on Debut to take us into the group stages against Milan, Olympique Lyon and Wolfsburg

03c1b-0ff4f2c1-d270-45e3-a4aa-2fa2eb9fab4c.png

The 7 mil in Finances gave us a massive boost and we pulled together a good run through the group stages, the most remarkable game being the 3-1 win over Milan at the our homegroud the Makareio where Aghazadeh pulled off a Hat-trick, we also pulled a win against Wolfsburg both times and another draw with Milan, unable to crack Lyon

03c1b-8e9f8498-deee-40e5-8ab1-381ff6627b55.png

03c1b-4b8c20d4-4e4f-4067-ad74-21574f7ddaa5.png

Finishing in Second on a H2H basis and matching us up against PSG in the next round where our run sadly came to an end. Losing 3-2 on aggregate

03c1b-4fac088e-e222-4aa5-9060-47c29ca2f48d.png

A great run, and some much needed cash, setting us up for the coming seasons
biggrin.png

Last edited: