First 'full' FM experience: Tips needed please!

D33J91

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to this board, having read quite alot of posts and downloading a few bits but never making a topic before! This is the first FM I've ever played and so I have stuck solely to 'Classic' mode as it seems significantly easier and much less daunting.

However, now I want to fully try and appreciate the full game, but I'm not sure exactly how difficult I'm going to find it.

I am going to choose Tottenham first as although I don't support them, I like the squad and feel it is a good first team to try. Is there any specific advice that would be useful Tactics? Formations? Transfer targets? (How different will I find it from the Classic version)?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated, whether general or specific.

Cheers!

Alright I'll give them a read over, cheers. How do I train specific players, andhow will i know how to train them? (Is it contained in the guides?)

Cheers again

spend the time going through the game mate :) use the tutorials, that is what they are there for! read the SI manual on the first post of my guide, it is really helpful :)

enjoy

Perfect....!!!
Starting with Tottenham is a Good one mate, now on Advices

1- Transfer Targets - You will Get 30m at the Start if you choose Qualify Europa League as your Season objective which isnt what you should look at....your minimum target with totteenham should be a Top 4 fifnsh which will fetch you 36m.
Getting in a 3rd Striker is Necessary as you dont want to rely ony on Defoe and adebayor for the Entire Season...Thats wer I would suggest you to Look at Steven Jovetic
Another RW is also Necessary and Hatem Ben Arfa perfetly fits the RW IF position.
Another LB is the Main Priority and Getting Baines is the Best you can get but if you dont get baines then look at Davide Santon or Mattias Ostrozolek.
the Best Deal you can Make is offering Huddlestone out for 15m, you won't get any Bids but there will be interest from Everton and thats wer you have to Offer 2m + Huddlestone to Ge Fellaini.
That will do for Transfers
Now Onto Tactics,
1- a Home tactic with Control and Balanced in a 4-3-2-1 shape. (3 CM's 2 Wingers IF and 1 Poacher)
2- an away tactic with Counter and Balanced in a Basic 4-4-2 Shape
3- Attacking 4-2-4 to be used when Chasing Games

Havnt Played the Classic Version so cant tell what would be Different but if this is your First Full FM game then some information is required
Sack all the Coaches below 3 and half stars and assign new ones just when you start the Game.
also Load Brazil as Playable, as they have the Best Quality Staffs available
a List if Good Staff would be Helpful for you so here are some of them
Tord Grip
Elio Carravetta
Paul Winsper
Johan Cruiyff
Valdir De Morases
Chico Fraga
Alexandre Ceolin
Luciano Moggi

Hope this Helps Mate

Perfect....!!!
Starting with Tottenham is a Good one mate, now on Advices

1- Transfer Targets - You will Get 30m at the Start if you choose Qualify Europa League as your Season objective which isnt what you should look at....your minimum target with totteenham should be a Top 4 fifnsh which will fetch you 36m.
Getting in a 3rd Striker is Necessary as you dont want to rely ony on Defoe and adebayor for the Entire Season...Thats wer I would suggest you to Look at Steven Jovetic
Another RW is also Necessary and Hatem Ben Arfa perfetly fits the RW IF position.
Another LB is the Main Priority and Getting Baines is the Best you can get but if you dont get baines then look at Davide Santon or Mattias Ostrozolek.
the Best Deal you can Make is offering Huddlestone out for 15m, you won't get any Bids but there will be interest from Everton and thats wer you have to Offer 2m + Huddlestone to Ge Fellaini.
That will do for Transfers
Now Onto Tactics,
1- a Home tactic with Control and Balanced in a 4-3-2-1 shape. (3 CM's 2 Wingers IF and 1 Poacher)
2- an away tactic with Counter and Balanced in a Basic 4-4-2 Shape
3- Attacking 4-2-4 to be used when Chasing Games

Havnt Played the Classic Version so cant tell what would be Different but if this is your First Full FM game then some information is required
Sack all the Coaches below 3 and half stars and assign new ones just when you start the Game.
also Load Brazil as Playable, as they have the Best Quality Staffs available
a List if Good Staff would be Helpful for you so here are some of them
Tord Grip
Elio Carravetta
Paul Winsper
Johan Cruiyff
Valdir De Morases
Chico Fraga
Alexandre Ceolin
Luciano Moggi

Hope this Helps Mate

Cheers, this is very useful. I always go for Jovetic and Arfa in FMC but they always choose to go to Chelsea instead... Always! May be different in full mode, I'll give it a shot in a bit once I've read the links.

Well if that Happens with you the Best thing would be to Offer them a Better contracts.
Here's one clause you can add to Get them
Add the Clause Wages after reaching Leagues Games
Set that to 30 Games and Wage to 120k after 30 Games
That should get you the Players and when they Reach 29 League Games, Offer them new Contracts without that Clause and also Lower than 120k and still they will accept.