First Glasgow and then the World

April

Queen's Park v Ayr United

BR35GP8.png

A nice big win as we stroll to a 3-0 lead at half time as Phillips is stepping up to show he will be around next season.

Queen's Park v Falkirk

limSp7s.png

We have been consistent all season with racing into an early lead but it was a nervy 2nd half as we couldn't get clear of Falkirk.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
Celtic v Queen's Park

ByU0L6s.png

We have finally beaten Celtic at the 4th time of asking but it did take penalties and we had no right to beat them really as they absolutely hammered our goal with a total of 34 shots.

s8eM2NC.png

Inverness v Queen's Park

NUCXlzB.png

What a final 10 minutes to the game as Inverness looked like they might be able to pull it back but we just kept fighting right until the end.

Ross County v Queen's Park

5D7FE3E.png

A really disappointing game as we just couldn't hit the back of the net at all but I do think our players are starting to get tired.

Queen's Park v Greenock Morton

iK02A58.png

I thought we might have been on for our first loss of the season but again we manage to come from behind twice and hold on for an undefeated season in the league.

Scottish Cup Final
Rangers

wRQrT2l.png

Our first cup final and Rangers showed us that we are still some way off being able to challenge for a trophy with the big boys as Morelos had us 2-0 down in under 10 minutes. We were lucky that we didn't lose more than the 2 goals.

Next Season

So with the Cup final loss then the board did us some good news by doubling the capacity of our Stadium meaning that we'll be playing next season at Rugby Park

rYKQ5yQ.png

Season 4

Transfers

So we have got rid of the last players who got us our first promotion along with getting some very good transfer fees in for a couple of players.

WlPIYKu.png

The big transfers going out were Josh Brooking going to Hearts for a fee that could be over £2 million which I just couldn't turn down. The other big one was Fruchtl going to Rangers and I expected him to leave this summer so happy to get over £1 million for him. It was great to make nearly £3 million off two players that I signed for free last season.

This season we have also brought in 12 players so far but I will be looking for more if the right players become available for us.

D7pYdgH.png

We hit the free transfers hard again as we bring in a large number of players but the ones I'm happiest with are Robbie McCrorie who has 4 caps for Scotland and will become our new No.1 . I'm also looking forward to see how Josh O'Connor develops as he has the ability to grow quite a bit at the club. Fianlly the one I'm happiest with is Steve Weston who is already an established international and is only 18 year old.

cAdrI5K.png

Weston will be our starting left winger this season and again can hopefully go onto big things and make us some cash.

Preseason

Qxk1seY.png

I'm trying to get the team use to play the old firm but they were also the clubs that we could get the most income from in friendlies but it was good to get a win over 1 of the two. In the League cup nobody caused us any real problems as we played a rotated squad against Motherwell as we had already qualified but we will now be facing Kilmarnock in the next round.

Expectations

ZOZY5mf.png

We still have a lot of money to spend but will only spend it on somebody who will improve the starting XI now. As usual in the league we are expected to avoid relegation but I will be looking for a top half finish at the worst. In the cups we should hopefully be ok as long as we stay away from the old firm.

August

AdpLh1I.png

A nice quiet month to start us off as we have some winnable games here.​

August

St Mirren v Queen's Park

jkEfyVY.png

What a start to the season. We record a huge win over St Mirren to get us started and it was good to see Macpherson get a hat-trick and Weston announce himself to Scottish Football properly.

Queen's Park v Aberdeen

IuNL1Lr.png

Well we are brought back down to earth quickly as Aberdeen show us that we won't have it all our own way in this league.

League Cup 2nd Round
Kilmarnock v Queen's Park

pHVEmpe.png

We get back on track as we sweep Kilmarnock aside in the cup to progress to the 3rd round.

Dunfermline Athletic v Queen's Park

mkgkhPj.png

Leon King is showing his class for us as he gets an excellent brace alongside Marriot he seems to have finally found his scoring boots

League

o4UfC1u.png

We sit third but I just want a top half finish this season so we still have a long time to go.

September

13YAjPY.png

Our first game against one of the old firm this season so lets see how it goes but after that we have a tough trip to Edinburgh to face Hibs.

Transfers

There was a bit of a shakeup on transfer deadline day as the board took it upon itself to accept an offer for Abdelouahab Benhocine who came through our first youth intake so he moved to Swansea for £2.8 million so at least we got a decent fee for him.

We ended up brining in Samuel Bamba from Bayern on loan for the season as cover since Benhocine leaving left us a bit light down the right.​

September

Queen's Park v Rangers

yoTrh0F.png

Undone here by two quick goals from Rangers and I really thought we looked good value to get at least a point here but their extra quality was enough to get them the win.

Queen's Park v St. Johnstone

s1nwLwH.png

A much better performance as we never let up as we battered St. Johnstone's goal as we even score with the last kick of the ball.

Hibernian v Queen's Park

UC00T5y.png

Again we're able to take the lead but not hang onto it. We seem to have found our limit just now until we're able to improve the squad some more.

League Cup Quarter Final
Queen's Park v St. Mirren

N9JokB1.png

When we fell behind I worried that was us done but we got it back and then were a much better team in the 2nd half and now progress to the semi final to face Rangers.

Queen's Park v Motherwell

VAaIOtY.png

What a match but more specifically what a final 10 minutes. We fell behind 3 times but managed to record a brilliant win for us.

League

jwF5F77.png

Somehow we find ourselves in 3rd place after 7 games which is great and now we just need to keep it up.

October

s0HPLCg.png

A nice short month around the Internationals and we can hopefully pick up some points against Livingston and Hearts.​

October

Livingston v Queen's Park

zVKxttm.png

Its the usual story here as we take the lead and then let it slip to drop all 3 points.

Hearts v Queen's Park

NDeMeVp.png

Oh come on, we just can't hang onto a lead just now at all as we throw it away twice but at least this time we walk away with a point.

Queen's Park v Celtic

e1BWmRH.png

For F**k sake, we played excellent in the opening 84 minutes but after the got the goal we lost all confidence but a point against Celtic is still a very good point.

League

s7e4Svc.png

We've dropped down to 5th but its still the European spots so lets keep going and see what happens.

November

MAsCsW3.png

3 big games in a row here against Dundee Utd, Rangers and Aberdeen which with our current form I'm not expecting any fireworks​

Last edited:
November

Queen's Park v Dundee United

1KJd2iO.png

What a first half. We really struggled here at first but managed to turn it around and come from 2-0 down which is a nice change from us throwing it away.

League Cup Semi Final
Rangers v Queen's Park

PJqnOn4.png

What a game, who needs 10 other players on the park when you have Liam Smith cutting in off the left hand side. He single handily tore Rangers to pieces here after us falling behind. We will now face Aberdeen in the final.

Aberdeen v Queen's Park

pCHWYgY.png

It looked like the game was over for us here but a late rally saw us pull it back again. Smith getting the man of the match again with his goals and 1 assist.

Queen's Park v St. Mirren

2gW1lbJ.png

What a way to record our first win in the league in 6 games. Thats us put 13 goals past them so far this season in our 3 games against them.

League

OMCNKvJ.png

4th in the league is great after our recent run of form and we're on track for securing a top 6 finish.

December

GE9IkKX.png

Its going to be a busy month with 7 matches but there is only one we care about and thats the cup final to get us our first proper bit of silverware.

Takeover

m1bDJY5.png

Well this game a bit out of the blue but it can only be a good thing for us I'm sure.​

December

Queen's Park v Dunfermline

wShpNtG.png

I really expected an easier match here but Dunfermline held their shape well and we struggled to break them down after the 2nd goal

League Cup Final
Aberdeen v Queen's Park

wShpNtG.png

What a game, it was a tale of 2 halves here as I feared for the worse being 1-0 at half time but after a stern talking to at half time we were a different team in the 2nd half as we lift our first major trophy.

Queen's Park v Hibernian

MRj0EzS.png

It was a nervy 2nd half as we got close to throwing away our 3 goal lead but we hang on and keep the 3 points to ourselves.

Motherwell v Queen's Park

HhYArIM.png

A repeat of the previous game as we come close to throwing away a 3 goal lead in the 2nd half. One of these days a team is going to manage it.

St. Johnstone v Queen's Park

3xid7Lp.png

A much better game as we end up scoring nearly all our goals in the 2nd half and making sure the game was beyond St. Johnstone

Queen's Park v Livingston

cNHyPb0.png

Things appear to be falling into place again now as we're a lot more solid in defence after the couple of scares earlier

Celtic v Queen's Park

WwsXXBq.png

We were so close to pulling off a draw but it just wasn't meant to be but it was heart-breaking to lose with the final kick of the ball

League

QaaQZtR.png

Sitting nicely in 4th spot with a 7 gap buffer over 5th and if it stays it will be some season.

January

9GwWBWZ.png

Takeover

iMzKsLn.png

So we have a new president at the club who is following through with his election promise of signing two new players who wouldn't massively improve the squad(They thankfully get their work permits rejected) but it does usher in a new era for the club.

Youth Preview

0ApsrPL.png

January

Dundee United v Queen's Park

AH6UQ9T.png

An all round good performance for our new owners to see that they have made the right choice in taking us over.

Scottish Cup Fourth Round
Queen's Park v Elgin City

HEcU9O6.png

Elgin made it very difficult for us here and I didn't expect to have to leave it so late to get the win.

Queen's Park v Hearts

iRcG944.png

This game had it all. We rushed into an early lead before falling behind and then managing to rescue it. It wasn't one for the fainthearted.

St. Mirren v Queen's Park

s5KslHu.png

Normal service resumes as St. Mirren continue to be our whipping boys.

Queen's Park v Aberdeen

Utw3Y1D.png

A great win against Aberdeen which allows us to leapfrog them in the table.

League

1YToIsY.png

February

GHn6xoe.png

Two big games against Rangers this month coming either side of the Scottish Cup tie

Transfers

We only made the one signing in this window and that was Adam Webster from Norwich for £1,400,000 who will bring a wealth of experience to this league after his time playing in the Premier League and Championship.

VwyWQIn.png