First Glasgow and then the World

Those signings are mad for a League One club, most of them are probably Premiership quality! Will be interesting to see if any decent regens pop up at lower league clubs that you can poach too

Those signings are mad for a League One club, most of them are probably Premiership quality! Will be interesting to see if any decent regens pop up at lower league clubs that you can poach too

Hall have been sitting without a club since the summer so will snap them up. I reckon the team I have can compete for thr Championship next season so I look forward to see who I can sign in the summer as well

February

Raith Rovers v Queen's Park

CWZzVZX.png

Raith give us another tough game as normal but Simon Murray's form has been unbelievable as he nets the winning goal with just minutes to go.

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Queen's Park v Dundee

9OYy9BF.png

What a win. This just shows how strong our squad is and next season we will be a force as well.

Clyde v Queen's Park

QnhPjdh.png

Fecking Clyde. We did get a point in the end but it was a really disappointing game here as we just didn't get going at all.

Challenge Cup Semi Final
Dundee United Reserves v Queen's Park

dmMs7rM.png

We went into this game thinking Dundee Utd wouldn't cause us many problems and even though they went ahead we ran away with it and we get into our first final.

Queen's Park v Stenhousemuir

mxA2N2y.png

It was a tale of 2 halves here with the first half being a bit boring with nobody having any real chances to us going and banging in 4 goals in the 2nd half.

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Queen's Park v St. Mirren

8AwmrXX.png

I was mentally prepared for losing this game after the opening goal from St Mirren but I didn't expect the turnaround but it shows just how good our strikers are as we will now face Celtic in the Semi Final.

League

r5uGtEX.png

March

c9bAsA5.png

We've got our first Cup final to look forward to and its looking like we will be able to win the title this month as well if everything goes how we want it to.

March

Queen's Park v Airdrieonians

fdXh9iY.png

We struggle to break down Airdrie but Moult's goal just before half time was enough but I'm disappointed not to have taken that confidence into the 2nd half.

Montrose v Queen's Park

IlbSqph.png

A bore draw. They did well just to sit back and absorb the pressure we put them under and a point was good for them.

Cove Rangers v Queen's Park

orIjqOC.png

This was more comfortable than it looks with us conceding with 5 minutes to go as they scored with their only shot on target.

Queen's Park v Dumbarton

Q8YgAky.png

What a win to secure the title. Murray finds his goal scoring boots again banging in a hat-trick in the opening 15 minutes before it looked a bit nervy going in at 3-2 at half time but the team talk worked as we scored another 3 goals to win the title in front of our own fans.

Challenge Cup Final
Queen's Park v Partick Thistle

Xj0j3Qe.png

There is only one Simon Murray, One Simon Murray. He gets his second hat-trick in 2 games to secure a league and cup double for us over one of our Glasgow rivals.

Queen's Park v East Fife

vt396x7.png

He might not have got another hat-trick but he got his name in the record books as Murray scored the fastest goal in League One history netting in just 12 seconds.

League

D9R5s6N.png

April

TwDI02z.png

With the league wrapped up then we can give some other players a run out and we have our first crack at one of the old firm in the Scottish Cup Semi Final.

Youth Intake

TfvAlX7.png

We have one stand out player in the youth intake and how can you not stand out when you have the name Grant Grant. He's no world beater but might make the first team one day

V18B1pF.png

April

Partick Thistle v Queen's Park

kfhtczT.png

Well I think its safe to say we have over taken Partick in Glasgow so now just the 2 Old Firm teams to go.

Stenhousemuir v Queen's Park

3mHLYz5.png

They have always been a tough team for us to beat and its the old guard in Murray and McHugh that get us the victory here.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
Queen's Park v Celtic

Pl2xwaL.png

Well we were never going to get a result here and a 4-0 loss could of certainly been worse but on the upside we made just under £750,000 from the gat receipts for this game.

Queen's Park v Ratih Rovers

S2BEAKr.png

We bounce back from the cup game with a nice win to show that we are much better than anybody else at this level.

Queen's Park v Clyde

1RPUb0A.png

Our final game against our biggest rivals unless we meet them in the cup or the get promoted down the line and we show them they just can't compete with us at all and it was good to get a big win in front of our own fans with the final home game of the season.

Airdrie v Queen's Park

4EexPKe.png

This game was a lot more difficult than we expected but we grab the 3 points to complete an undefeated season in the League.

League

bTqzPdL.png

Budgets

kSVexXE.png

A promising budget for the season a head and I feel we can get some good players in for the season ahead with the wages and transfer budget available..​

Season 3

Transfers

So we worked quick to start getting some of the old guard out who had been with us since the start as they were just fulling further and further down the pecking order and as a bonus we got some decent money in as well for us to reinvest.

dmoGoLp.png

Coming into the club there were a total of 14 players so there are far too many to go into individually.

wk6jcBv.png

The players I will go into though are the young regens that I signed.

Mike Lawrence is a talented LB who joins the club and will be fighting for the starting position this season.

PJ3LkCO.png

Next in is Grant Macpherson who we signed from Crew who again is a promising Scottish winger who will be given his chances.

Finally the 3rd regen in is Josh Brimacombe-Wiard. I mean how could you not want a name that long on the back of a shirt. He is another promising young player who again will be given chances this season.

mIwATip.png

Preseason

5LEG0Hv.png

Another loss to Celtic right at the start but after that we really hit the ground running in the League cup with scoring a fantastic 12 goals with Jack Marriot getting 9 of them which shows how important he's going to be upfront for us. Its the first time we've got through the group stages in the cup so I look forward to the 2nd round.

Expectations

ZboGKYE.png

Suprisingly we are only expected to avoid relegation this season but I'm expecting to be fighting it out at the other end of the table. With the cups we will see how the draws are for us but I don't expect another run to the Scottish Cup Semi Final.

The Start

fCsKMaA.png

A tough start for us as we face newly relegated Kilmarnock along with Dunfermline in the 2nd round of the League Cup.

Surprised with the media prediction given those signings, TNS always seem to produce 1 or 2 really decent players on every save I do. Also, Josh Brimacombe-Wiard must be the name of somebody at SI as I definitely had a regen named that on FM a few seasons ago!

Surprised with the media prediction given those signings, TNS always seem to produce 1 or 2 really decent players on every save I do. Also, Josh Brimacombe-Wiard must be the name of somebody at SI as I definitely had a regen named that on FM a few seasons ago!
So after a quick google there does seem to be somebody who works for SI with that name so that kind of makes sense

The Start

Queen's Park v Queen of the South

wwxtjaP.png

What a start to the league as we demolish an established team of the division and its nice seeing a mix of youth, old guard and new players getting in on the goals.

Queen's Park v Kilmarnock

zd6EKyE.png

I expected this to be a tough game after the relegation of Kilmarnock but they proved to be no match for us as we get 3 goals in the final 9 minutes.

Arbroath v Queen's Park

WwHHIAE.png

We challenge another relegated team from the premiership and we raced to a good lead in 20 minutes but then weren't able to take full advantage and nearly threw it away in the final 10 minutes.

League Cup 2nd Round
Dunfermline v Queen's Park

RHUZdSk.png

Dunfermline really made us work for it here and it was sub Bob McHugh that came to our rescue and gets us into the Quarter final of the League Cup where we will face Rangers for the first time.

Queen's Park v Raith Rovers

MzKkJ0f.png

Raith Rovers came up with us least season as we made sure we kept our unbeaten run against them going with a good win.

Ayr United v Queen's Park

IroAEKl.png

Again we took a good lead just after half an hour but it got nervy with 10 minutes to go after we conceded but we held on for the 3 points.

League

3mcidHn.png

We take a 5 point lead after just 6 games so hopefully this grows and we get promoted again for the 3rd time in a row.

September

2S9UJYK.png

Our first crack and Rangers to see how we measure up against them just now.​

September

Challenge Cup 3rd Round
Glentoran v Queen's Park

Apz3mpJ.png

What a game against the team from Northern Ireland as we show them no mercy at all and we progress to the next round.

Queen's Park v Inverness

0zCE4IO.png

We struggled against Inverness but none the less we were able to grind out the result after the penalty and it was important to get the second goal right at the end of the game.

Falkirk v Queen's Park

tDueoKd.png

We seem to like leaving it until the 2nd half to score these days but we also keep our third clean sheet in a row which shows the impact that Fruchtl has had since he joined the club..

League Cup Quarter Final
Rangers v Queen's Park

AscRa0S.png

What a result, what a game. Safe to say nobody expected this result at all but the goal right before half time made all the difference as the confidence was flowing and we got the all important winner right before the final whistle and we will now face Celtic in the semi final.

League

KGEa8Rw.png

We still hold our 5 point but we have a game in hand to increase it to 8.

October

cmov93j.png

A busy month as we have the opposite sets of fixtures from the previous months.​

Flying start mate! Looking already like it could be another promotion year for you!

October

Queen of the South v Queen's Park

BcaeZLO.png

We are just too strong here as even though the first half was poor then the 2nd half was fantastic for us and our players show their quality from playing in England.

Queen's Park v Ross County

Wdzu9mL.png

Our first dropped points of the season and boy were we lucky to even walk away with a point here as Murray came on in the 2nd half to get the goal.

Challenge Cup 4th Round
Alloa Athletic v Queen's Park

EVLQrR3.png

A much better performance to see us through in the cup as Phillips scored the perfect hat-trick for us with it all just coming in 5 minutes of game time as well.

Greenock Morton v Queen's Park

9W9VKa7.png

Liam Smith has been excellent for us down the left since joining from Manchester City on loan and hopefully we can sign him at the end of the season

Kilmarnock v Queen's Park

A much tougher game than the last time around but two quickfire goals get us another big win with both goals coming from down the left.

Queen's Park v Arbroath

We conceded early here but we stuck it out and Smith continued his goal scoring run but it was good to see one of the youngsters I singed in the summer getting on the score sheet with Grant Macpherson

League

MlnYwFL.png

We are running away with it now as we open up a 13 point lead.

November

IemMrtc.png

What should be a nice easy month with nothing too difficult​

November

Raith v Queen's Park

capnJC4.png

What a game against Raith as we put the to the sword from the start as MacPherson gets a goal in the opening minute and after that there were no worries at all for us.

Queen's Park v Ayr United

QSHv8fn.png

It took longer than I would of liked to get the 2nd goal to put the game beyond Ayr but in the end we managed a third as well.

Challenge Cup Quarter Final
Cove Rangers v Queen's Park

XWIZGw8.png

We came up against lower league opposition and we get a good result and make it through to the Semi Finals to try and defend our trophy.

Inverness v Queen's Park

FT2TEF8.png

I started to get the fear here a little when we conceded the two quick goals but we managed to pull our selves together and hold on for the final 16 minutes

Ross County v Queen's Park

I was worried as Ross County are one of the stronger teams here but after we got the equalizer I knew that we wouldn't fall behind again and we got revenge after the the other month.

League

Do5jC1w.png

I think its safe to say this is in the bag now.

December

JcfVMmr.png

December

Queen's Park v Falkirk

XRLs1IW.png

We match our previous result against Falkirk. Smith is in unbelievable form for us just now and scored in the last 3 games. He's becoming vital to how we play.

Queen's Park v Greenock Morton

V4EQCdg.png

Smith is at it again as he nets the fastest goal in the clubs history before going on to get his hat-trick by the end of the first half which isn't bad for a left winger.

Queen's Park v Queen of the South

efXYUgF.png

Some of these games are getting close now. I thought we'd blown it after conceding but Marriot is still well above this league and sneaks the winner with the final kick of the ball.

Queen's Park v Kilmarnock

qRiB2Xg.png

Smith scoring against his old team to show that the last game was just a blip before Marriot leaving it late to get a brace.

Scottish Cup Third Round
Queen's Park v Edinburgh City

I expected a much easier game here and rotated the squad here where I could but it backfired a bit as even though we went ahead early we were made to wait for the 2nd but we squeeze past to make it to the 4th round.

League

cmm82LP.png

January

SN80U1l.png

We have a big game against Celtic next month to see if we've come any closer to them after the last defeat.

Youth Preview

CTn5OTE.png

It looks promising but we'll wait and see if anybody worthwhile actually comes through.​

January

Arbroath v Queen's Park

uDwXbPu.png

Arbroath are not the team they were when the won promotion to the Premiership as the sit bottom of the league and we destroyed them in the first half. I'm disappointed though that we didn't go out in the 2nd half and put more past them.

League Cup Semi Final
Queen's Park v Celtic

vGNddMs.png

I thought we were in with a chance here finishing the 90 minutes but they showed their quality in extra time and there was no way we could match them.

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Queen's Park v Kelty Hearts

k27agZu.png

We were able to rotate the squad here as we play non-league opposition and it pays off as our backups record a big win.

Queen's Park v Raith Rovers

jPgNgWm.png

Liam Smith is continuing his fine form as he manages an excellent 4 goals which included a hat-trick in the opening half hour.

Ayr United v Queen's Park

LEqlDVN.png

Ayr pushed us all the way here and it was our main man Smith that finally got the breakthrough with a lovely darting run off the wing.

Queen's Park v Inverness

708IX5f.png

Marriot can sometimes got a bit hot or cold but when he's hot he's hot as he bags his 2nd hat-trick of the month to take him to 35 goals for the season so far.

League

9xcXhQ5.png

February

heznfsF.png

Transfers

As expected we had a few people leaving this month with Bob Malcolm the first to go. He has been a great servant to the club but he's fallen to far down the pecking order now so we let him join Carlisle on a free transfer. PJ Morrison joined Dundee United for £10,250 and Barry Coffey joined Falkirk for £8,250. Finally we ended up selling Matt O'Riley who re-joins Fulham for a whopping £2,500,00 eventually rising to £2,800,000. It wasn't a deal that I wanted to do as he was a key player but they accepted my negotiation.

For players coming in I know that Christian Fruchtl won't be here for ever so we went in quickly and signed Scotland Goalkeeper Robbie Mutch from Falkirk for £150,000

VAravED.png

Next in was Lee Harkin who we agreed to sign on a pre-contract deal but with Malcolm leaving we signed him just now for £9,500

UA1LHTo.png

Finally we needed to replace O'Riley and we came across a player from Aberdeen who is on loan at Ayr United to get experience and we had to splash the cash to get him so spent £2,200,000 to bring in Scott Guest who looks like he has a very bright future ahead of him for the club and country and we will now be building the team around him.

RCXBK4c.png

February

Scottish Cup Fifth Round

RA7OuTk.png

What an opening 3 minutes as both teams get on the scoresheet straight away but it was 10 minutes later that we got the winner and then the game was a bit boring after that.

9MpryBt.png

A better game but they run us close again as we left it late to secure the win which saw Marriott got another hat-trick

Challenge Cup Semi Final
Queen's Park v Bohemian

iCCA7tH.png

We get off to a quick start again and our lead just grows as we run out big winners and will now have to defend our title against Ross County.

Falkirk v Queen's Park

qsbfLjE.png

We got really lucky here thanks to a poor pass back to the keeper but the own goal means that we have now secured the title and will be playing in the Premiership next season.

Greenock Morton v Queen's Park

JkGc3s2.png

We go out and show why we're champions as we demolish Morton in the 2nd half and I think it might be time to give some other players a run out.

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Queen's Park v St Mirren

ox7Drzu.png

Our strikers show how good they are here as we dominate the team currently sitting 4th in the Premiership so it shows that we should be ok next season as well.

League

50JdB5w.png

March

dq0O29U.png

Budget

8OBPzOL.png

Not the best transfer budget for next season but we'll do our best since we have a £20,000 increase in wages.

March

Kilmarnock v Queen's Park

3G2oTY9.png

Kilmarnock have been a shadow of them former selves as we've now put 15 goals past them now this season while only conceding the one goal.

Queen of the South v Queen's Park

n3qKlup.png

This season has been far too easy as we've gone from strength to strength and now its a matter of preparing for next season.

Queen's Park v Arbroath

EvrbiKx.png

Phillips has been starting to find some form recently but Arbroath are in the same boat as Kilmarnock and have been poor for a relegated side with again us scoring 15 goals against them this season.

Challenge Cup Final
Ross County v Queen's Park

a5seSor.png

The game that Ross County turn up for as we really struggled against them after falling behind early and we never looked that comfortable on the ball but we manage to show our extra class in added time as Lee Harkin came off the bench to score the winner.

Raith Rovers v Queen's Park

oxNpX2W.png

We rotated some of the squad here and we looked really good value for money going in 5-1 up at half time but boy Raith came out firing in the 2nd half and they were a completely different side as they nearly manage to claw it back for a draw.

League

bJ2r2qY.png

April

VzDoP75.png

Youth

The best moment of every season is youth intake day as we look to see how accurate the youth preview is. Its not the Golden Generation we were promised but we did get one stand out player in Steve Dunn.

oGwF1fv.png

vDzaYcy.png

I'm planning on retraining him as a CB as its a position we could get the most out of him over the next few years.​

Easy! Looks like a top half finish could definitely be achieved next season as well

Easy! Looks like a top half finish could definitely be achieved next season as well

Fingers crossed. I'm worried about the step up in opposition on a regular basis though as could still do with some more players in

Fingers crossed. I'm worried about the step up in opposition on a regular basis though as could still do with some more players in

Yeah that's why a save in Scotland is good though - it's one thing going up the leagues with a team but the next stage is getting a team that can compete with Celtic and Rangers!