First Look at New Watford FC Home Shirt Sponsored by Football Manager

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a look at the new Watford FC home shirt sponsored by Football Manager with Miles Jacobson (@milessi), Studio Director of Sports Interactive, and Watford Manager, Gianfranco Zola.

Azibs9sCQAAxpVU.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/milessi/status/232106577581195264

SI Signs With Watford FC

WATFORD FC are delighted to announce a partnership with SEGA and Sports Interactive, producers of the world-wide hit computer game ‘Football Manager’.

The Hornets will have the ‘Football Manager’ and ‘Football Manager Handheld’ trademarks emblazoned across the club’s home and away shirts respectively.

All three parties are excited by the partnership and the positive message it will send throughout the football industry.

“I’m very pleased with the partnership we’ve agreed with SEGA and Sports Interactive. It really is a perfect fit in many ways,” said Hornets’ Chief Executive Officer Scott Duxbury.

“Football Manager and SEGA’s success in its field is unparalleled. Their global successis in no small part down to their attention to detail and expertise in their area – and that’s something the club is delighted to be partnering with.”

Amanda Farr, European Marketing Director of SEGA, said of the news: "We’re delighted to join forces with Watford FC at such a pivotal moment in the club’s history.”

Miles Jacobson, MD of Sports Interactive, added: "The Pozzo family have shown at Granada and Udinese that success can beachieved by strong financial management and a dedication to talent development- a strategy which, coincidentally, also pays dividends in Football Manager. We’re very much looking forward to achieving great things together."

Source: Sports Interactive, the developers of Football Manager - SI Signs With Watford FC

Nice, wasn't aware of this. Decent-looking too. Wasn't that sponsor the colour theme of Football Manager 2009? :p

Nice, wasn't aware of this. Decent-looking too. Wasn't that sponsor the colour theme of Football Manager 2009? :p

Yeah it looks very similar doesn't it. Although the FM 2009 logo was orange and I think the colour on that shirt is red.

Does this mean they'll get database information early (like Everton)?

Awsome. Hopefully this will get the game more recognised. Still a lot of my friends don't know / play FM even if they are really into football

I suppose it means that they won't continue sponsoring AFC Wimbledon when the contract expires though :/

I suppose it means that they won't continue sponsoring AFC Wimbledon when the contract expires though :/

Am I right in saying they've sponsored you since the very start, when AFC Wimbledon was formed?

I think they will carry on sponsoring you, just Miles Jacobson is a Watford fan.

Am I right in saying they've sponsored you since the very start, when AFC Wimbledon was formed?

I think they will carry on sponsoring you, just Miles Jacobson is a Watford fan.

Yes they have. With very large amounts too :)

Think I may have to become a Watford fan. :p

Also, they still sponsor Wimbledon, in fact, this years kit will have Football Manager on it, like Watford's.

Last edited:
Think I may have to become a Watford fan. :p

Also, they still sponsor Wimbledon, in fact, this years kit will have Football Manager on it, like Watford's.

Ditto to that Andy, this is awesome I can see myself watching there progress now!

We are all saying that this will increase the profits of SI, it might not increase profits even though it is likely because they have to pay Watford. I'm sure the exact amount payed will be in the next FM.

typical Liverpool fan just hop ship when you realize your team is *****!!!

OT: The kit looks great the sponsor looks top notch great team to partner with - It's much better to have the FM logo rather than the SI logo that Wimbledon had for a season.

typical Liverpool fan just hop ship when you realize your team is *****!!!

OT: The kit looks great the sponsor looks top notch great team to partner with - It's much better to have the FM logo rather than the SI logo that Wimbledon had for a season.
Since when do Liverpool fans jump ship, it's more like glory-hunting United fans who jump ship when they realized they're not even the best team in Manchester anymore haa :)