i'm doing fine but have found success with a tactic out of science fiction. It's really ruining the gameplay because I'd like a realism, not just working out how to break the ME. In real life, any group of players who are technically as good as their opponents and have decent professionalism, shouldn't be humped because the ME can't apply their tactics. I like to have strikers drop off, creating room for other attackers. Teams IRL do this, and in FM12 it worked, as did most tactics eventually once the players bought into the system.

The match engine is a pile of *****. Anyone saying otherwise is either steaming or brown-nosing SI. Thankfully SI will receive no more money from me. Its been good but in my opinion I'm yet to see a better FM/CM since 01/02......... and that game is now free for anyone who wants it

Always had massive respect for you, like following your stories and reading your views, it can be a breath of fresh air.

However, comments like the brown nosing one have turned you into a complete tosspot in my eyes. Having an opinion yourself doesn't make everyone elses irrelevant.

where to see the team talk ? after updating. i cant give team talk. cant see individual training. so messy ..

The match engine is a pile of *****. Anyone saying otherwise is either steaming or brown-nosing SI. Thankfully SI will receive no more money from me. Its been good but in my opinion I'm yet to see a better FM/CM since 01/02......... and that game is now free for anyone who wants it
I have to agree with some of your comments and feel the same about the match engine. You have people on here trying to tell us there is not much wrong with the game when we know for a fact there is tons wrong with it. I will list a couple that are game killers and still you will get 'others' saying there is nothing wrong. 1, The players do what they want no matter what instructions you give them. Goalkeepers are poor at best and will ignore your request to pass the ball short.These are just 2 of many faults within the game. If the game was tested before release it was tested by monkeys. If the game was released by any other company and with a different name everybody and I mean everybody would be moaning about it. I buy every version because I enjoy playing the game and will buy next years version without fail. But I am not blind to the faults like others seem to be.

I have to agree with some of your comments and feel the same about the match engine. You have people on here trying to tell us there is not much wrong with the game when we know for a fact there is tons wrong with it. I will list a couple that are game killers and still you will get 'others' saying there is nothing wrong. 1, The players do what they want no matter what instructions you give them. Goalkeepers are poor at best and will ignore your request to pass the ball short.These are just 2 of many faults within the game. If the game was tested before release it was tested by monkeys. If the game was released by any other company and with a different name everybody and I mean everybody would be moaning about it. I buy every version because I enjoy playing the game and will buy next years version without fail. But I am not blind to the faults like others seem to be.

1 is incorrect.

2 is accurate.

Neither are game killers in any way shape or form, for example i still get De Gea completeing all his short passes. The issue with GK's passing is that the Centrebacks step too far up atm, which isnt too much of an issue if you use the full backs as an out ball for the short pass. However if you are playing with the full back pushed into the wing back position (specfically position and not role), coupled with using a naturally high line and with the flaw with the CB positioning, he will kick long more often than not.

I had major problems with the BETA but since full release ive found a tactic that seems to work, along with a squad that plays well together, My GK is fantastic along with my defence...for everyone saying they didnt test it or it was tested by monkeys...that makes YOU a monkey then because that was the whole point of the BETA no? for the players to test it...just stop complaining so much for ***** sake, every game has its problems on full release and your thick if you disagree because its the truth... COUNTLESS times i've had to update games on xbox live to fix some sort of bug with the game so just get on with it adn whatever the remaining probs are i guarentee they will be fixed...again if your not happy with FM13 go and play FM12 until the patches are released

Because they are having a differing opinion and may not be having similar issues (completely dependant on tactic used) they are blind?

id love to slap the bastards who tested this games before it reached the shelve, all games require alpha, beta and QA (quality assurance) testing before it even produces onto a disk.

id love to slap the bastards who tested this games before it reached the shelve, all games require alpha, beta and QA (quality assurance) testing before it even produces onto a disk.
Agreed

I feel (for) your frustration. Lets just hope that the first patch irones out most of these annoying bugs.

Last edited:
Please, dont let turn into another rant thread. After all, this thread is about the hotfix that has been released, nothing more, nothing less. Although people are really frustrated over the fact that a game we love is yet up to standard, this thread is not the place for these posts.

quick question will the new update auto update for you via steam or do you have to re install the game for it to update?

Please, dont let turn into another rant thread. After all, this thread is about the hotfix that has been released, nothing more, nothing less. Although people are really frustrated over the fact that a game we love is yet up to standard, this thread is not the place for these posts.

Indeed. one thing i will add, is that comparing this engine's stability to FM12 is a bit off: not including development, that had at least 9 major ME patches. This has yet to have even its first major post launch patch (due next week). Even so its been better shape than 12.1, 11.1 and most certainly 10.1.

And people forget that SI rely on the mass early playing to find the balance that simply cant be found in-house.

quick question will the new update auto update for you via steam or do you have to re install the game for it to update?

You never have to re-install the game ( unless something serously wrong happends while updating the game but thats just computers for you. Just restart Steam/ computer and make sure that you are online with Steam and it will auto-update it for you,

I understand with hot fixes it's all automatic - slightly different to question above, with a major patch have you got to start save games again to apply new patch?

I understand with hot fixes it's all automatic - slightly different to question above, with a major patch have you got to start save games again to apply new patch?
The one in December/January.
I really hope SI will make some patch soon. The amount of WTF goals are disturbing.