skinna9

Reaction score
I have started a career with west brom in the premier league, season 10/11, and i am just coming into october, i won all of my pre season games, signed colin kazim richards, but i have yet to win a game in the league?

could anybody give any tips or ideas to help me?

Many Thanks

Last edited:
How many games are you into the league season?
Who have you played?
What tactic are you using?
There could be a whole bunch of reasons why you are losing

I would try THIS. Koflok's Goals Galore. You have a good squad, so I would say it has to be your formation that is letting you down.

Try a more defensive tactics. remember who you are. Also your full backs are doing ****, put them in a more defensive approach.

Try a more defensive tactics. remember who you are. Also your full backs are doing ****, put them in a more defensive approach.

I would set them to support, then they do attacking and defending in a more equal measure.

I would try THIS. Koflok's Goals Galore. You have a good squad, so I would say it has to be your formation that is letting you down.

just used this tactic, first game using it, 1-0 win, working progress!

thanks for the help guys

Good god, I thought my team was bad. I use Park the Plane, that's a pretty nifty formation.

I have won the premier league 4 times in a row, champions league 3 times, World club championship 2 times, fa cup 3 times, league cup 4 times, community shield 3 times and confedirations cup and world cup. you know what tactic i used? the standard 4.4.2 attack thats pre loaded in the game. Mate, try the pre loaded tactics they are really good. most common i use is 442 and go 433 if im loosing late in a game. Now true im Liverpool, but I have used them with championship teams and it works. the way i see it if all else fails, go back to basics!!

I have won the premier league 4 times in a row, champions league 3 times, World club championship 2 times, fa cup 3 times, league cup 4 times, community shield 3 times and confedirations cup and world cup. you know what tactic i used? the standard 4.4.2 attack thats pre loaded in the game. Mate, try the pre loaded tactics they are really good. most common i use is 442 and go 433 if im loosing late in a game. Now true im Liverpool, but I have used them with championship teams and it works. the way i see it if all else fails, go back to basics!!
Simple 4-4-2 does seem to help if you are struggling. More enjoyable to use your own tactics rather than downloaded ones.

Currently playing a simple 4-4-2 formation with Middlesbrough at the moment in the Championship and getting fantastic results, sometimes there's a chance you can over complicate things tactics wise, just because the option to edit and change EVERYTHING is available, doesn't mean its all necessary only modify what you feel is needed.

Maybe have your team playing more disciplined and more defensive and use counter attack in some matches against weaker teams.

Dont start trying to go more attacking because you really want to get a win.

Last edited:
I posted this on another West Brom thread, hope it helps.

Get Rafael on loan (a must sign) and sign Garra Dembele for striker cover. Somehow (and I still don't know how) I got offered Gary Cahill for 6.75 million in installments and played him at the back as a ball playing defender. I also signed ruben yttergard jennssen and played him as a deep lying playmaker.

I sold a LOT of players, I just use one upfront - Ishmael Miller who was class as an advanced forward. He really is the only one who is premiership quality. Bednar, ***, Morrison, Luke Moore and a lot of others can go and should get you a bit of money.

I was on course for 7th all season until Doorans and Miller got injured for three + months each and that set me back to 10th.

One player who I missed out on signing (just simply because I forgot about him) was Dida on a free - way better than Carson.

usual team tactics + roles:

Very much Barca inspired fluid, attacking football with short passing and quick tempo.
4-5-1

------------------------Carson----------------------------

Zuiverloon----G. Cahill-----J. Olsson---------N.Shorey

-----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------S. Reid------------------------------
---------------R.Y. Jennsen-----Doorans--------------

S.Choyi---------------------------------------------Brunt

--------------------------Miller----------------------------

Specific roles: Brunt as advanced playmaker on attack, ditto for Doorans
Choyi as inside forward on attack
Yttergard Jennsen as deep lying playmaker
S. Reid as an anchor man
vs weaker teams Mattock can be given first team experience and I'd also use Rafael as a wing back in place of Zuiverloon from time to time.
Miller as Advanced forward.

If you're trailing a game then bring on Rafael or Jerome Thomas to inject a bit of pace into the side.

Not only did I just squeeze a top table finish, I got to the semis of the carling cup and the final of the fa - though I have to admit the draws were very favorable.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Just to add to what I have written, Brunt finished the season as top scorer with 14 goals and 11 assists and Miller had 11 goals and 8 assists in 20 games before the injury. All that starting line up with those signings and those tactics finished the season with high 7 ratings with the exception of Choyi and Reid - they're the areas you need to strengthen for next season.

Most of your team is disposable with the exceptions of dorrans, brunt and miller

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Just to criticize the tactic you posted that you used to begin with, I tried playing Jara to begin with and quickly realised he's useless, natural defender and too small and you play him at full back and he doesn't have enough going forward. Likewise Tamas, pretty useless for the same reasons.

Your priorities should definitely be replacing those two in defence, I sold them early on in my game and used the funds to bring in Gary Cahill and Rafael on loan. Also, I don't think you're getting the best out of Brunt in a support position, he should be a key figure for you hence why I used him as an advanced playmaker on the wings in my tactic.

How's Odemwingie working out for you? He was fantastic in my reserves but not matter how I played him in the first tem he couldn't find the net. Miller is pretty poor on finishing but he makes up for it with his PPMs which include shoots with power.

I haven't checked out Kazim Richards on FM 11 but he sounds like he would be a good signing for West Brom. Sounds like you just need a few tweaks.

sign Ochoa as a keeper and you'll let in half as many goals