dimis0000

Reaction score
After a very bad season with Chelsea (supporter) which i finished 6th at the premiership , i decide to start a new game with Tottenham. I played more defensively in this game and the success came! At first season: Semi-finals at euro cup (very unlucky) but a memorable DOUBLE (Premiership and FA cup). My option for the game..."best attack is to defend". In every derby i played with defensive approach except the first one witch i loose. But what i mean by saying "playing defensive" is not that i am not attacking but my priority is not to concede and to waiting for the correct time to counter attack them. Enough with the talking and i let the photos to speak for the season!! If i can help someone about how he or she wants to play good defense but also create scoring chances I'm here to help.

could you put up the team instructions? and players if you changed any settings? Cheers :)

im in first season as tottenham, who did you sell? when you started?
can you post team instructions :)

View attachment 305987View attachment 305988View attachment 305989View attachment 305990

I have 3 basics tactics!! All of them they have the same formation but different instructions. (normal,defensive and attacking)...so in match preparation my team knows the 3 basics mentalities. I start most of the games with my first tactics except the matches against the big teams. they main focus that i emphasize is how deep or how up in the field my team is pressing. Usually against the big teams i instruct my 2 wingers to press very deep (almost at our own area)....the main weakness of this system is that the wingers our left high in the field and they don't help the rest of the team in defense. I also change the mentality of my 2 winger to be very defensive...but I'm keeping the instructions (forward runs,creative freedom,running with the ball etc) at a level of attacking. For example in an away match against Man City Bale has all the defending instructions as matters mentality and pressing ( very defensive mentality and closing down at our own area very deep) but i also allow him to be creative when we regain possession ( high creative freedom , run with ball often etc). I don't use offside because i want the team defend deep so that the opponent eventually will come higher on the pitch and leave some space for my counter to have a chance. But because i defend deep i realized an other problem that occurs at the middle!! The opponents mcs have a lot of space!! especially when opponent plays 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1(wide). So against this two systems i play my 2 mcs with man marking and not zonal marking...not a specific player just man marking. Also is very important to have the correct opposition instructions. so i always using closing down to their wingers and to their striker (if it is one striker not 2) and to the opposite amc. i also use tight marking to the amc and their mcs. Also i play zonal marking to my mcs if my midfield is outnumber by my opponent. An extra tip against the big teams: at the opposition instructions i use closing down NEVER and tight marking NEVER to the opponents DC's...why?? because i defend deep and i dont want my team to loose their shape when they defending its useless to press so high at the field. So they will leave more spaces as they came up...plus my striker will be an extra man in the middle in defense and also more easy to pass him the ball. Before that game i was thinking that i would find an ultra system that can outclass every opponent!! 100% wrong i was!! Every match is unique and has its own difficulties. its more real than before...so have a basic formation a basic idea how you want to play and adapt in EVERY SINGLE GAME!! last thing sign good coaches is essential,,,and use defensive approach in derby and most of the away games and attacking at home!!

they gave me extra money at the winter transfer window...i forgot to mention it.

im in my firest season with spurs and really struggling to score goals atm..any advice?
View attachment 306003View attachment 306004

First of all i want to say that, what I'm saying is my option and that is not for sure that any advice i will give u it will work for sure!! From what i see,,,u play 4 man behind your poacher (bale, dembele, sandro and douglas costa) that all of them they have passing 13 or 14 and also none of them does not have "trying killer ball often". Also u playing 2 wingers, 1 cmf automatic and one defensive,,,because i cannot see your players settings i can only guess somethings. lets start my analysis: 1st fact: i see that u playing bale as a winger support so probably because is a ML natural u want him to be deeper to get the ball (which is good thinking). But because is left footed and because he like to run the ball by the line u play the "wide play" normal or u have change it to "hug touch line" witch is also a good tactics for bale but unfortunately because of this tactics he will play at some distance from your poacher. 2nd fact: None of your mc have an attacking role...so they will also play at same distance from your poacher. 3rd fact: you play douglas costa as an attacking winger witch i thing its a good role for him,,,but your right mc is sandro which is playing cm defend and your foul back walker is playing at automatic,,,so I'm thinking that douglas will be higher on the filed with none one near to him to pass him the ball either sandro or walker. 4th fact you playing a poacher without an amc..so imagine your striker sitting at the shoulder of the last defender and waiting a through ball from players that are at some distance from him and all have a passing of 13. i thing is very difficult to support him and don't forget that if they support him he has (ademilson) a first touch of 12 or 13. which is bad for the premier league. MY OPTION: 1st off all: play adebayor...is a beast...see my first photos that i publicize and you will realize what can do. is not a killer but is a very good all around player. 2nd play sigurosson in mc (adv play maker att or support)...is creative with passing and very very good set pieces. (turn his long shoots to rarely because he shoots a lot). 3rd play sandro as a ball winning,,,he is amazing,,,a lot of work at the middle...play him support not defensive...he is top player i don't have any doubts about him. 4 th and very important my option if you playing your wingers for example attacking play also your foul backs attaking. and aslo if you playing them support also play and your backs the same. best playing them when you start a game at home attack (expect the very big teams) and when you play away at support duty. 5th use dembele as a cover to sandro. i see sandro need of a rest and you are only January. put dembele around 70th minute....he is amazing to run through the middle especially when your oppositions mc's will be tiered. 6th good luck,,,hehe,,,i hope to be helpful.

First of all i want to say that, what I'm saying is my option and that is not for sure that any advice i will give u it will work for sure!! From what i see,,,u play 4 man behind your poacher (bale, dembele, sandro and douglas costa) that all of them they have passing 13 or 14 and also none of them does not have "trying killer ball often". Also u playing 2 wingers, 1 cmf automatic and one defensive,,,because i cannot see your players settings i can only guess somethings. lets start my analysis: 1st fact: i see that u playing bale as a winger support so probably because is a ML natural u want him to be deeper to get the ball (which is good thinking). But because is left footed and because he like to run the ball by the line u play the "wide play" normal or u have change it to "hug touch line" witch is also a good tactics for bale but unfortunately because of this tactics he will play at some distance from your poacher. 2nd fact: None of your mc have an attacking role...so they will also play at same distance from your poacher. 3rd fact: you play douglas costa as an attacking winger witch i thing its a good role for him,,,but your right mc is sandro which is playing cm defend and your foul back walker is playing at automatic,,,so I'm thinking that douglas will be higher on the filed with none one near to him to pass him the ball either sandro or walker. 4th fact you playing a poacher without an amc..so imagine your striker sitting at the shoulder of the last defender and waiting a through ball from players that are at some distance from him and all have a passing of 13. i thing is very difficult to support him and don't forget that if they support him he has (ademilson) a first touch of 12 or 13. which is bad for the premier league. MY OPTION: 1st off all: play adebayor...is a beast...see my first photos that i publicize and you will realize what can do. is not a killer but is a very good all around player. 2nd play sigurosson in mc (adv play maker att or support)...is creative with passing and very very good set pieces. (turn his long shoots to rarely because he shoots a lot). 3rd play sandro as a ball winning,,,he is amazing,,,a lot of work at the middle...play him support not defensive...he is top player i don't have any doubts about him. 4 th and very important my option if you playing your wingers for example attacking play also your foul backs attaking. and aslo if you playing them support also play and your backs the same. best playing them when you start a game at home attack (expect the very big teams) and when you play away at support duty. 5th use dembele as a cover to sandro. i see sandro need of a rest and you are only January. put dembele around 70th minute....he is amazing to run through the middle especially when your oppositions mc's will be tiered. 6th good luck,,,hehe,,,i hope to be helpful.

i forgot to tell u one more thing...dont play poacher.