David M Caine

Reaction score
Hi all I've been playing FM for the last 12 years and would love to buy FM16 but felt last years version was the first that was unplayable to me because of the constant requests for more first team football when I'm playing as my favorite team Arsenal, even during pre-season!.

For me the most fun part of FM is building your dream team from wonderkids and players from the youth ranks and watching the team grow into a world-class squad of players, there will always be players that wont be happy rotating but it was out of control in FM15 so I was wondering has it been toned down this year?

Requests still happen, but they seem more logical now. And the issues with massive overreactions - like Rooney demanding to be sold after a youth team player is released - seem toned down as well. But players do still want to play. That is realistic. The more ambitious the player, the more likely they are to want starts.

I'd definitely say it's better this year. At the start of last year's edition it was at times a pure parody on itself, nowhere near that bad now. You'll still get players saying they want to play, but not even close to last year's constant whining. It feels more in sync with their personalities and squad status now, and it's very manageable.

It's definitely a lot better this year, I've had like 6-7 players requesting first team football, but I was playing youth in their place. So I told them that this player is in the form of his life and by doing that the players agreed and dropped the issue, so even though players still complain, it is easier to convince them that they shouldn't be played.

Requests will happen. You should be able to talk those round who don't have a case... so not a big deal.