Reaction score
Hello people! Here's Maysara from Egypt, perhaps the most country containing FM fans in the Middle East. This is my first post in this forum.

The tactic shown below is one of my most successful tactics, applied by my Man City team in one of my very most successful careers. I originally started this career with Lazio, where I spent two seasons before I was approached by Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

Anyway, here's my tactic:

ManchesterCityManCity_Tactics-2.png

Yeah, it's kind of weird to have all these players in one team, but money does wonders! :p

Roles & Duties:

Hugo Lloris: Goalkeeper - Defend
Daniel Schwaab: Full Back - Automatic
Gerard Pique: Central Defender - Defend
Leonel Galeano: Central Defender - Cover
Aly Cissokho: Full Back - Automatic
Arturo Vidal: Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend
Daniele De Rossi: Defensive Midfielder - Support
Ganso (publicly known as Paulo Henrique): Attacking Midfielder - Support
Jack Wilshere: Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Pato: Inside Forward - Attack
Carlos Tevez: Complete Forward - Support

Some of my best results:

ArsenalvManCitySplitView.png
AtMadridvManCitySplitView.png

ChelseavManCitySplitView-2.png
IntervManCitySplitView.png

LiverpoolvManCitySplitView.png
ManCityvArsenalSplitView.png

ManCityvArsenalSplitView-2.png
ManCityvArsenalSplitView.png

ManCityvInterSplitView.png
ManCityvManUtdSplitView.png

ManUtdvManCitySplitView.png

PortovManCitySplitView-1.png
ShakhtarvManCitySplitView.png

Download link here.

The tactic highly depends on the creativity of the players to open up space in the opponent's defence and create easy scoring chances, mostly one-on-one opportunities. Tevez is kind of a pain in the *** for any defence since he's an amazing tactical team player. Setting him to a support duty boosts the quality of this tactic to about double, though I believe he's going to lose his place in the first eleven soon since he's not getting any younger and my substitute striker Khouma Babacar has improved a lot in his Creativity and Technique, hence making him capable of performing as a Complete Forward.

Despite the tactic being incredibly successful and leading me to three consecutive Champions League titles, I'm asking for advice because I'm not used to entertaining fluid tactics. I'm kind of fond of the German and Italian leagues and mostly preferred to use rigid systems.

So, how do you analyze this tactic? How do you see its positives/negatives? What would you recommend to improve it?

Last edited:
I'd say Ganso was more suited to an Advanced Playmaker role, personally, but that might just be me. Looks extremely handy formation and tactics though, you look like you know your stuff. Also, thanks for actually posting up a good OP rather than just "HALP MY TEAM IZ ****".

Have you considered using Pique as a stopper, as well?

Pique - Ball playing defender - Defend
Ganso as GodCubed mentioned - Advanced Playmaker - Attack :)

I would also suggest playing a bit wider and quicker as City have the players (especially in your squad) to play some great footie :)

on the other hand, I play Narrow and Slow but still have my Amr and Aml's, now these guys are brought into the game by giving the clear to flanks shout in the game, these guys are asked to cut inside like inside forwards and look for the killer ball as well as shoot...
also, by having your two DM's, ask them to look to switch balls to opposite flanks and even ask them to look for longer passess, at least one of them maybe? Vidal?

other than that, as mentioned above, you seem to know what you are talking about.... unless you wanted to show off your team (which is good, well im sure mostly everyones City is) :wub:

and also thanks for taking the time to start a proper thread :)

you take the time to compile a proper thread and we will take the time to help you :)

Nice op mate for your first post.
I like the look of the tactic aswell. :)
If you dont mind i may copy the tactic and try it out myself.

If you wish to do so we have a sub-forum to introduce yourself and just talk a little about yourself.
Heres a link to it: Introduce yourself

If you have any problems contact any member of staff ( they have green names )

Thanks for the advice guys (seems like I'm going to have a lot of friends in here lol :D)

Okay, for the Pique thing, it seems very logical to get him more involved in the transition phase, especially against 4-5-1 variants. It willpretty much help me retain possession if I give him a ball-playing role and/or a support duty, either by flooding the midfield or beating the opposition target man in the air. Thanks for this suggestion guys! I'll apply it soon and tell you how it works out. ^^)

I'm hesitant about Ganso though. The reason I use him as an attacking midfielder is that I play a fluid system with much roaming, which means too much creativity freedom. If I employ Ganso as an advanced playmaker (which will automatically give him extra creativity freedom) this might mean my 4-man attacking setup will be too tactically messed to do any damage to big teams with rigid systems. I actually use Ganso as a transition station between midfield and forward due to his high tactical attributes and work rate, which is also why I taught him to come deep to get the ball. Tell me if I'm wrong about this. oO)

De Rossi already switches possession to other flank :D and thanks a bunch for the compliment. In fact I write tactical analyses for Serie A and UCL matches in a famous Arab football site, so yeah, I think I'm good at tactics. ;)

Mr. Steve, I'm not the kind of person who likes to talk about himself so I think this thread has done the introduction job :) if you want to try the tactic, a link will be available soon (but you might need to remind me on PM cause I might forget). Thanks for your help!

Waiting for more replies and discussion.........

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:00 PM ----------

Thread updated with some results + download link.

If anybody's willing to try the tactic, let me know how it works out for him. :)

Tried using Pique as a Stopper, and it works pretty well against rigid 4-5-1 variants to cut supply to the opposition Target Man. Setting him as a Ball-Playing Defender has also helped me withstand heavy pressure from opposition players while passing the ball at the back. Thanks for this advice guys!

Last edited: