JoseIsGod

Reaction score
I've just bought the new game... Looks fantastic!

But there are soooooo many changes to what i can control and im feeling very lost...!

Can anyone give me some tips for what i need to do in the 1st week to get my club set up properly (i.e. training, staff assignments, tactics etc) ....??

I've just bought the new game... Looks fantastic!

But there are soooooo many changes to what i can control and im feeling very lost...!

Can anyone give me some tips for what i need to do in the 1st week to get my club set up properly (i.e. training, staff assignments, tactics etc) ....??

I normally go about it this way.

PART ONE

First day at the office

As the board warmly Welcomes us to the club, our job has already begun. To be able to get a good start, there are no shortcuts. Here, I always spend as much time as possible before clicking forward. Its absolutely essential to establish our strengths and weaknesses to be able to setup a realistic goal for the coming years. What can I expect from the team this year given the current circumstances ?. How can we make of for any weaknesses by signing any new players and how can we fit these players into the age wage budget by getting rid of those players not being a part of our short term plan.
Not knowing what to expect will make the reading of the match very difficult as one will not be able to tell tactical flaws from simple lack in quality.

The expectations of the board & The Financial situation

As you see, there is little room for getting in expensive players and where are already pushing near our wage budget. Whilst the board does not demand a promotion, they still want us to finish at the top half of the table. This means that we basically have 2 years before we need to get promoted

Click here to view the original image of 701x347px and 74KB.
boardexpect.png

Click here to view the original image of 800x88px and 124KB.
board2y.png

Click here to view the original image of 800x275px and 124KB.
board3e.png

Meeting the staff

Here, I always start out by getting to know my staff. I try to get as much information as possible and I also look out for any lack in quality in any department. I look at every single feedback from all my staff members to make sure I get the full picture. If I find that anyone in my team does not meet up with my ambition, I try to replecse them as soon as possible

Click here to view the original image of 800x285px and 241KB.
assman1.png

Click here to view the original image of 800x331px and 252KB.
assman2.png

Regarding these options and choices, I always wait until later when I have decided how to utilize my squad

Click here to view the original image of 800x313px and 390KB.
backrromadv.png

The Staff Responsibility

As I like to run the show, I use it this way. If you like me are on a tight budget, its really important to handle the signing of youg players by your self. If not, well then the head of this area might vey well spend your entire transfer budget on players you never wished to sign.

Click here to view the original image of 800x363px and 181KB.
staffrespons.png

The Scouting Network

Here, I always use the south to their limit. If they have no knowledge of Spain, I don't send them there. Whilst they will get a greater knowledge of the area in the long run, I always find it best to bring in specific competence straight away as my progress often is quicker than the scouts.

Click here to view the original image of 800x341px and 782KB.
scoutingnetwork.png

The Customized View

This section more or less relates to how one in real life would set up your manager desktop, the word documents, the file cabinet and how you get easy access to these notes. Whilst this is something that is up to each and everyone, I still like to make a point of I find important to look at on a daily/weekly basis

When picking the squad, I like to use this information as my default layout. Apart from the obvious information as name, position and condition, I also like to include their best role to remind me of how to setup the tactic if rotating players. Their form and morale to help me pick the best players for the coming match. I also like to see that I have enough determined players with good Decision and Teamwork skills on the pitch. The following part regarding Anticipation, Concentration and Made mistakes is something I mainly look at for defensive midfielders and Defenders.

All in all, this gives me a better idea of what to expect in the coming game. If I have picked a mentally weak squad with defenders having a history or making mistakes due to nit being able to read the game and loosing out in focus, well then seeing players not putting in an effort on the pitch and the opposition scoring easy goals from mistakes is something that will be down to my players rather than my tactic.
I also include the "training" here to make sure I don't forgot to out them on the right track regarding development

Click here to view the original image of 800x187px and 391KB.
thecutcomizedview.png

My next customized view is with Contracts. Here, I can follow not only when their contacts are to expire, but also what a player like Tommy Smith can actually cost me if he should win the Golden Boot. Along with this, I also look at any other expensive bonus they might have. Neglecting to do this and take actions ( renewal of contracts, transfers etc), can cost you dearly if being getting good results on the pitch.

Click here to view the original image of 800x156px and 290KB.
custiom2.png

Assistant Report

Lots and lots of information here that needs to be taken in to be able to get the full picture
Firstly, we look at the players personalities. This will give us information regarding the teams ability play as one, to fight for each other. To see if their are any trouble makers in the group etc.

Click here to view the original image of 800x368px and 875KB.
assistanreport.png

After this, I look at the reports from my Team, looking out for any weak spots.

Click here to view the original image of 800x241px and 236KB.
reports.png

After this, I try to make a swot of the team and make up a plan for the coming years, like this

DEFENDERS

Looking at the squad, there is no doubt that we have too few players. ****, I have even promoted Nugent and Oshilala from the reserves, players that I really don't want to put on the field since they are not good enough.

Click here to view the original image of 800x135px and 70KB.
41796706.png

Matthew Connolly
One of the best defenders in the squad. Looking at the screenshot, you can see that I have highlighted the stats important for a Defender on Defend. If looking for a Stopper, Aggression and Bravery is important to and if looking for a Cover DC, anticipation and acceleration are the stats to include. If wanting to use him in one of these roles, he can function in any of them, even if not having the specific competence for it. Due to the lack in squad depth, he will also be playing as a Fullback during the season.

Click here to view the original image of 800x500px and 1205KB.
dconcolly.png

Mark Hudson
This player have pretty good stats in the mental area and have an above average understanding of the game. His Achilles heel that can be devastating to us is his pace and movement off the body. being slow and having poor stats in Agility will see him being ghost passed by quick opponents and we will have to make up a plan for this.

Click here to view the original image of 800x500px and 1192KB.
18037311.png

Ben Turner
Another player that lacks in speed and agility. If wanting to give him a "role", it would be the one of a stopper as he has the stats. To begin with though, the is a Defender of Defend and nothing more.

Click here to view the original image of 800x500px and 1193KB.
dturner.png

Ben Nugent
A weak player. As soon as I get some better players in on transfer/loan, he will be put in the reserves.

Click here to view the original image of 800x500px and 1191KB.
dnugent.png

Kevin McNaughton
A Quick player with good tackling and Anticipation This gives us the option of letting him cover a flank of his own if needed.

dmcnaughton.png

Andrew Taylor
Similar to McNaughton only slightly more average when using him as a Fullback.

dtaylor.png

Adedeji Oshilala
Nothing more than a reserve player that have been called up only due to lack in squad depth. If - or rather when - using him, he do need a team player in front of him in terms of either a Defensive winger or a Wide Midfielder on support with defensive qualities

Click here to view the original image of 800x500px and 1178KB.
doshilala.png

Summary
We seriously lack squad depth and our defenders are on the slow side. On the positive side, they are rather determined and have a pretty good understanding of the game.

I normally go about it this way.

@TheBetterHallf, that is probably the best guide for starting at a new club that I have seen so far. I really think that it will help out a lot of lost souls who are new to the game. Well done mate.

@TheBetterHallf, that is probably the best guide for starting at a new club that I have seen so far. I really think that it will help out a lot of lost souls who are new to the game. Well done mate.

Thanks

thats exactly what i needed! thanks very much.. :D

any chance you could do a swot on my brighton squad?? lol