herbertmoon

Reaction score
Is it possible to reasonably calculate the condition of a player over a number of weeks?

For example if I am setting up a schedule for pre-season or if I have a busy month of fixtures, is there a formula or something that you can use to calculate who is going to be fit for which games, and as accurately as possible?

This is interesting, surely there would be a way to work this out using minutes played, stamina and natural fitness. But one thing which may be a varying factor is coaching and training facilities. I may run an experiment on this at the start of my next season.

I agree it would be interesting to see an experiment on this. However i think it would be really hard to calculate.

Wingers run at least double the distance of defenders, some midfielders just have a blinder of a game where they run themselves into the ground, then next game back it up with a lazy performance....

But their could be something in this, i'd love to here how you go...

I think possibly focusing on a selection of players with identical natural fitness, noting condition before and after matches, saving all the data on a spreadsheet and note when they need a rest. And perform the analysis whilst at work so it looks like I'm doing something :p

It must be possible, I know for a fact football clubs do this, they can even work it out for the opposition - who is likely to be fit enough to play.

Genie scout may also help, I could create some players in the editor, with set NF and Sta, set condition and match fitness to 100% then check their jadedness in genie after every match, reloading if the player gets injured. Keep a track of all the stats on a spreadsheets and see how much jadedness increases depending on NF and Sta. Won't be until next week though as I have a presentation to do for a job interview tomorrow and it's pay day weekend so I'll be drunk for the rest of the week.