fitness exploit for EL/CL when loading leagues as view-only

zindrinho

Reaction score
When you get an opponent for Europa League or CL that plays in a league you have loaded as view only, you can choose to attend their games in the league.
When you dont attend matches they are not detailed enough for you to see stats later and teams dont seem to lose as much fitness.
If you do attend the game however, it will be simulated with more details and the opposition now have to balance their squad like you do with 2-3 games pr week.

Maybe its well known but I'm having a wee bit moral dilemma whether its cheating or not.
Especially since I cant attend games if my team has a game on the same date, makes it more random.

here are pics that better show what I mean, I found out now you dont even have to watch the oppositions match, just arrange to attend it and then remove the "attend match" right before it starts, it will get simulated in full detail anyway.

there is 7 hrs difference between the 2 pics, I couldn't get the game to stop right after Ajax' game when I didnt attend it, but still!
without attending match:
View attachment 138823

With attend match, then remove it right before the game starts:
View attachment 138821

How are you feeling about this? cheating or evening out the odds? All my games get simulated in full detail so why shouldn't my European opponents matches be as well?

I don't consider this cheating, personally. Evening the odds is a good way to put it, I think. I imagine some people would consider it a tad exploity, but I'm going to remember this for the future.

If you're gaining any kind of scouting knowledge about your upcoming opposition by doing this, then it's fair game. You often see shots of managers in the stands during televised matches, there to check up on the team they're facing next week, so in effect you're simulating the same thing. The opposition's energy levels is their manager's problem, not yours.

I also don't consider using forums or downloading tactics as cheating, either. Real life managers can read books, attend coaching courses, join the League Managers' Association or invite Sir Alex Ferguson out to lunch, so this is just the FM version of that.