maxchaplin55

Reaction score
So I haven't posted on here in a while, but throughout FM15, my football manager would just randomly crash at random times, nothing specific about the times it'd crash really. It drove me insane.

On the FM16 beta, it is a joke how many times it has happened. (not funny tho.)

I see loads of people complaining of the same thing on forums, and not many fixes.

I have one, well, SI did, I just never found it, and incase you have been as stupid as me and not found it, here you go.

Users may experience this on a Mac if their computer name or user account where Football Manager and Steam is installed using illegal characters/symbols such as "/", "!"or in certain Foreign Language OS Installations, such as Greek.

You can fix the issue by doing the following:

- Change Computer Name to not use symbols or illegal characters
- Change User Account Name to not use symbols or illegal characters
- Install the Operating System in English

To check the Computer Name and to change it if necessary:

- Go to the Apple Logo on the menubar at the top of your screen and open System Preferences
- Go to Sharing
- Change Computer Name text box if it is using illegal characters.

To check the user name and change it if necessary:

- Go to the Apple Logo on the menubar at the top of your screen and open System Preferences
- Go to Users & Groups
- Check the Current Users list on the left hand side, and check they are not using illegal characters or symbols.
- If they are, "Click the Lock to make changes", and enter the password when prompted.
- Select the user account.
- Edit the "Full Name" to not use illegal characters or symbols.

Hope it helps!

It helps for that one specific crash. But FM16 has problems with a number of MACs, and SI is acknowledging the fact that it has, and has thus started gathering information in order to troubleshoot.

Basically, the 3D matches makes the GPU and CPUs overheating, leading to freezelag, crashes and worse, as it could seriously damage your computer. My advice until theyve come up with a fix, DON'T play on your Mac .. It sucks, but you'll just end up frying your computer beyond repair.

Please Read Loud Fans/Poor Performance/Overheating on Mac