Fletcher signs new Man Utd deal

Happy with that for now, good midfield guard dog who lets others play. The new contract shouldnt mask the fact we still need to reinforce the midfield, particularly with creativity

like the rest of the united players no ambition to try something new or have a different challenge!!!

No, it is a general football forum for all ages.

I understand the defensive nature of your post, but I'm still relieved that other United fans see sense.

No sunilvk7, that was my own opinion from watching the game. Fletcher was awful.

What sense? He was the key player for a title winning side. Never let us down in any of the big games. Oh it is good to see others dont rate him. Dont need too. He does his talking on the pitch.

like the rest of the united players no ambition to try something new or have a different challenge!!!

Or adversely, an immense amount of loyalty. I didn't realise we criticised players for not moving on for the next pay cheque now. :(

Man Utd fans will be alot happier with this news than that of Carrick signing a new deal.

What sense? He was the key player for a title winning side. Never let us down in any of the big games. Oh it is good to see others dont rate him. Dont need too. He does his talking on the pitch.

The sense to see the truth in an average-at-best player at your club.

Not surprised he is still being played. United last signed a central midfielder in what, 2007? 2008? Whenever Owen Hargreaves signed, I believe. Not like they have many options, especially with their old guard reaching retirement.

He doesn't do his talking on the pitch, hence why he is awful.

Uber overrated in my eyes by everyone. But, if he stays in the side, im not too unhappy.

The sense to see the truth in an average-at-best player at your club.

Not surprised he is still being played. United last signed a central midfielder in what, 2007? 2008? Whenever Owen Hargreaves signed, I believe. Not like they have many options, especially with their old guard reaching retirement.

He doesn't do his talking on the pitch, hence why he is awful.

Awful? Nice attempt at trolling. Still can do better.

Pwning Arsenal midfield whenever he played them, not even a single bad game in the big games in the past 2-3 seasons bar this one.

I dont think any sane United fan would agree with your posts on Fletcher.

Awful? Nice attempt at trolling. Still can do better.

Pwning Arsenal midfield whenever he played them, not even a single bad game in the big games in the past 2-3 seasons bar this one.

I dont think any sane United fan would agree with your posts on Fletcher.

I'm not trolling. I just disagree with you. Learn the difference.

We'll agree to disagree. I consider Fletcher a poor player. His only redeeming quality is being able to run around for a while. Guess we're done here. :)

I agree with Billy , I do think he is one of the most over-rated players yet everyone else on here seems to think he is under-rated?

Or adversely, an immense amount of loyalty. I didn't realise we criticised players for not moving on for the next pay cheque now. :(

Who said anything about moving for the next pay cheque!?!?!? All im saying is whats wrong with trying something a bit different!!

How he can be underrated I will never know. Everyone I know rates him :O

Not the prettiest of footballers, but he has a job to do, and does it pretty well.

Man Utd fans will be alot happier with this news than that of Carrick signing a new deal.

This is true, and I don't think it's justified at all. I thought he was shocking in his last game but hopefully he'll bounce back and become like he was a few seasons ago

Much better news than yesterday. Hopefully Scholes follows him by signing for another season but I wouldn't count on it. Still feel we need more creativity in the midfield.

I think SAF should have made a move for Gourcuff 2 years ago already. Then he was in form and that wass the time Carrick started to drop and drop and drop. Just my opinion

He's a good player but hes inconsistant. One game he can be amazing, Chelsea at home last year or the the champions league run of 2008 but then he can be abismal, Chelsea the other night prime example. But he is one of the better United midfielders and deserves it.

Yes Fletcher Signs. the real engine room, Plays whereever he is told. left, right center of midfield or Defence.

He is a very good performer for us, and i am very happy this very good player has played.