Reaction score
Canaries Taken Over
Norwich City FC announced earlier today that Chairman Alan Bowkett and will be replaced by new owner Joe Lewis. Joe had recently sold his majority share in Tottenham Hotspur to Daniel Levy as he was 'seeking pastures new'. The new owner is worth a total of £2.8 billion and wants to help Norwich do well.
He said earlier: "I am delighted to have the chance to own such an amazing club. I was seeking a new challenge and I believe I left Tottenham in a good way. I will be changing the structure of the team including the manager as he does not fit my plans for this club. I am happy with the board room but will look to bring in a few of my own faces. I have already put Ian Crook, the former player as one of the executives as a member of the board that the players and fans can relate to. Margaret Byrne joins me from Sunderland as my Financial advisor. The final person to join me and be the face of the club will be Niall Quinn. He will be the chairman whereas I will be the man who is running the club from behind closed doors. I know the English game and the people involved so that is an advantage. I expect to have appointed the manager by Friday.
JoeLewis1.jpeg

Norwich job heats up
The managerial job at Norwich has heated up as Norwich look set to appoint their manager. Harry Redknapp is favourite due to his Tottenham connections but there are a few more names in the mix. Peter Reid, Roy Keane, Steve Bruce and Chris Hughton look set for interviews for the job today. They all have glittering CV's but Bruce and Redknapp look to be favourites.
View attachment 265228View attachment 265229View attachment 265230View attachment 265231View attachment 265232

Smith appointed manager of Norwich
The shock news broke on skysports.com that Norwich have appointed young Martin Smith as manager for the season. He has been a manager in the lower leagues for a number of years and last year was assistant at Everton. He was offered a one year contract on £10,000 a week. He was delighted at the chance to manage a Premier League club and was shocked to have won the race to the managers job.
"I am delighted to be at this fantastic club. It has great history here and I want to carry that on. I was shocked to receive the phone call as we were waiting in a hotel to tell me I had got the job. When I was sat with the others I was nervous and didn't think I would get it but I just told the chairman what my ambitions were and he thought I was the best man for the job". Martin has wielded the axe in the back room staff room removing all of the staff to bring his own people in.

Back room staff announced
Martin Smith has announced his new back room staff:
Assistant Manager- Dave WatsonView attachment 265241
Coaches-
Dave Parnaby- defence coach.
Anselmo Sbraglia- attacking coach
Ray Clemence- Goalkeeper Coach
Flavio Trevisan- Fitness Coach
Mike Gatting- Reserve coach
Kevin Ball- Youth Coach
View attachment 265242
Duncan Ferguson- youth coach
View attachment 265239
Dario Gradi- Youth Coach
Graham Carr- scout
Dwight Yorke- scout
View attachment 265240
Pete Friar- Physio

Ins and outs
Norwich manager Martin Smith has been busy so far in the transfer market. He was given a total sum of £16.25 million to get Norwich a mid table finish. He has sold 7 players and brought in 5 here they are.
Outs:
James Vaughan to Reading for £3 million
Simeon Jackson to Barnsley for £500k
Chris Martin to Peterborough for £250k
Elliott Ward to Crystal Palace for £350k
Simon Lappin to Leeds for £700k
Ryan Bennett to Birmingham on season loan
Daniel Ayala to Nottingham Forest for £1.25 million
Total: £6.05 million

Last edited: