SaintBantam

Reaction score
I am currently playing as FC Inter Turku in the Finnish Premier League and I am in my fourth season. During my four seasons I have noticed the number of teams in the league fluctuate rapidly...

2011 Season

View attachment 139347

2012 Season

View attachment 139348

2013 Season

View attachment 139349

2014 Season

View attachment 139350

This is extremely annoying becuase I am competing on four fronts during the year: in the Veikkausliga, the Finnish Cup, the Europa League, the Champions League - playoffs, group stages and the knock-out stages - and I have just had the European Super Cup (just two days after a league fixture). On top of this I have pretty much my entire team going off to International duties every couple of weeks or so and just recently I had one player from my starting line-up and bench available. Also, the Veikkausliga is played during the Winter and because of all these things I have found I have was too many fixtures. I am getting 3-4 games a week and this is completely destroying my team! Lol. This is definitely down to the increased number of teams.

I am not complaining, I am just wondering if anyone knows why there are suddenly so many teams in the league and why it seems that nobody has been relegated since Season 2011?!

EDIT

Look at these fixtures! I play Honka home and away in two consecutive days!

View attachment 139351

Last edited:
wow, this is weirdddd :')
i have no answer for you here mate, just wow :')

it's confused me quite alot

does it have anything to do with the way the league is set up? does the finnish league do this in real life?

Seeing as you had the European Super Cup, I am guessing you won CL or Euro Cup. Maybe this increase in stature for your league as lead the FA to restructure the set up of the league and introduce more teams etc.

Fair play to getting Turku to European victory. Its a very nice town.

does it have anything to do with the way the league is set up? does the finnish league do this in real life?

I am not sure. I have looked on the internet but I can't find anything. I don't see why the number would go up and down and no one would get relegated though?

Seeing as you had the European Super Cup, I am guessing you won CL or Euro Cup. Maybe this increase in stature for your league as lead the FA to restructure the set up of the league and introduce more teams etc.

Fair play to getting Turku to European victory. Its a very nice town.

And thank you. We were totally dominated but we got past teams like HSV, PSG and Juventus in the Euro Cup and then spanked Manchester United 1-4 in the final. :) Don't know how. Not gonna happen again any time soon, lol. :(

Anyway, I regularly check the League Rep and it's been 2* for 4 seasons. I really hope I can find out what's happening though because this save is great fun and It's only just begun (aim to win WC with Finland or England and CL with Tuku) and I just hope this doesn't ruin it. :p

Yeah, just did a bit of googling around as well. Nothing strange popped up.

Well, your sitting 15 wins from 15 so doesnt seem to be doing much trouble for you. Good luck winning WC with Finland, I cant see that happening.

Are you from Turku yourself?

I think someone else was having the same issue and it wasn't right. Can't remember where the post is, but I'm 90% sure I read it.

This save is supposed to be a long-term save with long-term aims (WC and CL) where I the emphasis is on bringing through talented youngsters. Some pretty good prospects so far. One team in my league just sold a "17 paced" 15 year-old for 3m to Man City and I have these beasts who everyone in Europe is chasing...

View attachment 139358
View attachment 139359

My point is anything can happen in 20 years! :)

Also, I am not from Turku. I am 100% English. :)

PS. These Screenshots are from a couple of months ago, there even better now. ;)

I think someone else was having the same issue and it wasn't right. Can't remember where the post is, but I'm 90% sure I read it.

Do you remember who, when or what league it was? Or if they found anything out?

Did you post on it?

Last edited:
Do you remember who, when or what league it was? Or if they found anything out?

Did you post on it?

I read it a couple days ago, it was on "recent threads" so I clicked it, gave it a quick read and seeing I couldn't help I just skipped to the next. Sorry if I cant be any more precise :p

I read it a couple days ago, it was on "recent threads" so I clicked it, gave it a quick read and seeing I couldn't help I just skipped to the next. Sorry if I cant be any more precise :p

Alright, thanks :p I'll have to look for that.

Hmm... In the editor, when selecting or creating a league, there is a section that says:

Maximum Teams:

and:

Minimum Teams:

If you checked the editor for that league, perhaps these two values are messed up. The EPL has 20 and 20, meaning it's a solid 20 team league all the time. This one may have 17 and 13 or something.

Also, with the whole no-team-getting-relegated thing, it happens to me in the K-League too. First season, no relegations, no promotions. I was disappointed, because there IS a lower league after all. Second year, one relegation and one promotion. Halfway through third year, and I wonder if there will be a relegation this year as well... However the number of teams in our league is static.

Also, when checking the editor, you could also check the relegation and promotion system.

Have you edited the Finnish leagues in the editor? It's the only way this could be happening, I suppose. I've been playing with HJK for 22 seasons now in the Veikkausliiga and got no problems (other than international fixtures and playing a league match next day with zero players from the first squad). The teams in Veikkausliiga will change from 14 to 12 though in 2012 if I recall correctly, but this isn't quite it.

I'll have a look on the editor and see what's going on. :p

Do you mean the "Teams" and "Teams For Next Season" tabs? They have the same list of teams.

Last edited: