phil_1712

Reaction score
For FM10 everyone wanted to replicate the lovely one touch football that arsenal and barcelona play, but found it difficult, and the majority of tactics uploaded claiming to be that style of football didnt live up to expectations.

From first glance of the new FM11 ME, do you think it could be easier to get your team playing that style of football?

Only one way to find out.

fiiiiggghhhtttttt

on a serious note, im not very good with tactics myself, but hav been playing some nice football with arsenal on the demo.

although the demo probably does that to make you get the game :p

Id actually like to see a section or a thread just for tactical emulations like this, would be a good idea. and it would be interesting to see who could do it the best.

I think you can, you see when you click on tactcis and then advance and what not till you get that whole side of sliders I think you can adjust passing!

Id actually like to see a section or a thread just for tactical emulations like this, would be a good idea. and it would be interesting to see who could do it the best.

this is supposed to be happening, a thread/section for real life tactics :]

I'd love to see a thread dedicated to that. It would be nice to see people's tries at Mourinho's, Benitez's, Fergie's, Arsene's and Guardiola's tactics and then implement them into FM.

I'd love to see a thread dedicated to that. It would be nice to see people's tries at Mourinho's, Benitez's, Fergie's, Arsene's and Guardiola's tactics and then implement them into FM.

this is supposed to be happening, a thread/section for real life tactics :]

THIS.
talk to madsheep or thebetterhalf about it, but i think it's something that will definately happen...

I'm currently BETA testing (actually v.57) an Arsenal tactic made by Mantralux from fm-fanboys (I know, taboo...) - still can't get a performance from Fabregas, his PPMs are wrong I feel, and he's still made as if we were the traditional deep-lying playmaker Fabregas, as opposed to the way he has been playing this season and last season.

I'm currently BETA testing (actually v.57) an Arsenal tactic made by Mantralux from fm-fanboys (I know, taboo...) - still can't get a performance from Fabregas, his PPMs are wrong I feel, and he's still made as if we were the traditional deep-lying playmaker Fabregas, as opposed to the way he has been playing this season and last season.

I agree. I've made a rough arsenal tactic where everyone but Fabregas is well represented. I think he should be a natural attacking midfielder too

I agree. I've made a rough arsenal tactic where everyone but Fabregas is well represented. I think he should be a natural attacking midfielder too

Would be interested in downloading your tactic mate, i'm actually pretty annoyed about the research done for Fabregas, it doesn't take a genius to work out he should be made far more attacking in nature, they just seem to have given him a slight stat boost, and left it. Same with most of Arsenal, Wilshere should fairly obviously be a box-to-box mid, but in FM it just doesn't work like that :S

Version 57? :O ****** ****, there's commitment! has Fabregas ever been a traditional deep lying playmaker? Did Wenger not start him off like he's started Wilshere off? More Box to box with later runs?

This is one of the main problems with FM i think, the fact that you can only play players in the set positions, we need a lot more movement in the tactic creator for placing players, and then mixing roles, as the only way to get what you really want is serious tweaking...

Version 57? :O ****** ****, there's commitment! has Fabregas ever been a traditional deep lying playmaker? Did Wenger not start him off like he's started Wilshere off? More Box to box with later runs?

This is one of the main problems with FM i think, the fact that you can only play players in the set positions, we need a lot more movement in the tactic creator for placing players, and then mixing roles, as the only way to get what you really want is serious tweaking...

[POINT] 57 lol, but yeah she puts a shed load of work and time and research into it.
Yeah you're right but he was a lot deeper than he is now, he scored 19 goals last season, but in FM, he doesn't do anything with Adv playmaker - Attack (which really should be what his position is, or "AP" - Support, pushed up into AMC..

Also agree, and serious tweaking disrupts the otherwise good ME, if you tweak players slightly, their role completely changes, even if the tweaks are how they should be IRL.

[POINT] 57 lol, but yeah she puts a shed load of work and time and research into it.
Yeah you're right but he was a lot deeper than he is now, he scored 19 goals last season, but in FM, he doesn't do anything with Adv playmaker - Attack (which really should be what his position is, or "AP" - Support, pushed up into AMC..

Also agree, and serious tweaking disrupts the otherwise good ME, if you tweak players slightly, their role completely changes, even if the tweaks are how they should be IRL.

She? always thought it was a guy, how very sexist of me :/
If i'm honest, i'd rather SI ditched all the gimicky stuff like agents and stuff, and got the ME spot on and made the tactics creator better, don't get me wrong, they've improved it, but it's still behind where a lot of users think it should be

I'm trying to make a Barcelona tactic (possibly one of the hardest to make given the fluidity)and i've found that a standard 4-3-3 is working much better than what the 4-5-1 does, which is strange :/

I've been on the site before, though with not being an arsenal fan, it didn't interest me a lot ;D

I've been on the site before, though with not being an arsenal fan, it didn't interest me a lot ;D

Haha, fair enough. Great site though.

Back on topic, and Fabregas got 6.90 av. rating from playing adv. playmaker support in AMC during pre-season, one assist, one goal (pen) after playing against Boreham Wood, Barnet, Colorado, Bristol City...

I'll put it down to team blending for now, but SI had better ****** improve him soon.

Haha, fair enough. Great site though.

Back on topic, and Fabregas got 6.90 av. rating from playing adv. playmaker support in AMC during pre-season, one assist, one goal (pen) after playing against Boreham Wood, Barnet, Colorado, Bristol City...

I'll put it down to team blending for now, but SI had better ****** improve him soon.

:$

That's pretty poor, especially when Gerrard or even my under 18's player Suso got a higher rating :p Doesn't Mantralux edit the stats to what she see's as fair representation of the team?