Here's a few screenshots of my attempt at an Arsenal tactic, although I'm sure that you Arsenal fans will tell me it's nothing like how they play...it proved to be very successful none the less.

Firstly, the results and league table:

Now the formation. I think Fabregas should be the most attacking of the 3 central midfielders, but decided to drop him deeper in place of either Wilshere or Erikson (signed from Ajax). With Cesc as a central midfielder (support), his performance was more restricted, but it was of benefit the team:​

Fabregas didn't provide as many assists or goals as in reality, but it allowed the 3 attacking midfielders to run riot:​

I know it's not really represtentative of Arsene's tactics, but it was literally a first attempt with very few tweaks, and the success I had stopped me from tinkering with it much​

Last edited:
Missing Link

Hi, Im pretty new to posting, though have been playing FM for a few years now... Im a big Arsenal fan and have always attempted perfecting the Arsenal tactic. Im pretty happy to say that this new tactic engine has allowed me come up with my best effort yet, though I have made one minor change. People seem to think a 4-2-3-1 with wide AM's is most appropriate to attack a game, as did i until about 4 weeks ago.

By keeping a 4-2-3-1, but with 3 central AM's, the team defends far better together.. creates its own width with players able to express themselves and allowing them to play very fluid football. the entire foward line plays 1-2's with each other.. and the 2 CM's you have stationed always tend to hit the box late - Petit, Vieira style. The only trick I have come accross is to make sure your team starts with 'Control' every game, other than your more difficult away fixtures - where you set it to 'Counter' until your team settles into the game.

I have not purchased anything but youth, and this team is crushing the league.. 23 played, 21 won, 2 draws (away to Man City and Chelsea). As the team is blending together - (check your match preparation to find out how well the tactic is learned) the team gets much stronger. Tactics take time before they can influence.

Give it a go... you will be suprised.