InValide jr

Reaction score
I downloaded the fm11 demo via steam and after it installed I clicked play and it came up with this error,
"cannot run game:failed to set up graphics system"
My computer is windows xp and it worked with fm10

Anyone know how to resolve this ?
Thanks in Advance

try "verify integrity of game cache" and see if it helps.

I myself have had the same problem. Downloaded via steam and 2 hours later tried to run the game. Same thing happened. Graphics system. I have done what you said and still no joy. Currently downloading micro soft x sdk. Any other suggestions. New computer is not an option.

i have the same problem as well, i have downloaded the lastest DirectX, how do you check latest graphics drivers when you don't know the company etc.

many thanks

how do you check latest graphics drivers when you don't know the company etc.
Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager
Click the + sign next to 'Display Adapters'

That is your video card model. Now you just need to go to either the nVidia or ATI website and get the drivers for it.

i have also got this as i hate how 3d engine is im more of a 2d text person than 3d i dont see why i cant disable it like fm10 and run it fine however i do believe it might be just steam being annoying so ill just wait till tomoz for the direct download.

i have also got this as i hate how 3d engine is im more of a 2d text person than 3d i dont see why i cant disable it like fm10 and run it fine however i do believe it might be just steam being annoying so ill just wait till tomoz for the direct download.
Why would steam be causing that? If you have graphics problems with the steam version you will have problems with the direct dl version.

Update your drivers ect.

I have had this problem

Game icons do not appear, nor the tactics nor the flags ... Can you help me?

Thank you for your attention and I apologize for bad English

Edit: I resolved my problem by reinstalling the game and downloading the SDK kit

Last edited:
I have had this problem

Game icons do not appear, nor the tactics nor the flags ... Can you help me?

Thank you for your attention and I apologize for bad English

hey mate i have same problem how to fix this

i m also having the same problem

Cannot load graphics one

installed and updated .net framework
installed and updated JRE

currently installing SDK kit

can any1 confirm SDK one vil work or nt?

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:36 PM ----------

i just downlaoded and installed SDK kit as well

still same error

WAT to do?

I'm not getting stadiums in the 3d games either. I think it is because the computer I am using (old). When I first run the game I went throught a setup screen where I marked something like 'automatic depending on system' where asked about level of detail of graphics (high, medium, low), and next to it was saying that my system was poor or something.

Cannot get 3D graphics on Mac demo. In preferences it says my 3D graphics are 5 stars. Any ideas??

GRRRRR same problem. if i understand correctly if i dont have a 3d graphics card i cannot play the game ?

been downloading the game and every manner of software update and driver update since 8 am this morning!!!!!!! and still it will not load :(

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

GRRRRR same problem. if i understand correctly if i dont have a 3d graphics card i cannot play the game ?

been downloading the game and every manner of software update and driver update since 8 am this morning!!!!!!! and still it will not load :(

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

what is your graphics card/chip?

SiS661FX PAL ALREADY TRIED UPDATING IT I THINK AND NOUT WORKS.

opps soz about caps

what's the problem? you can't run the 3d match engine or can't run the game at all? This definetly won't be able to run 3d graphics, no matter how poor FM 3d graphics are.

Funny how everyone here who's having problems never thought about posting their PC specs.

Also Windows Update is your friend. Install every Critical Updates available(excepct KB971033) and in the Recommended Updates section it will also detect all your hardware and offer you to install the latest drivers.

Also if you're using Steam you may want to redownload it or at least verify the integrity of the files. I started playing yesterday after a week and the game just strated acting really weird for some reasons.