FM 12 - What team to be and how to avoid boredom

CatsyD

Reaction score
I just bought FM12 last night and started with United but really couldnt get into it. Im starting fresh today but I dont know what team to be. Id prefer it to be English, but Im welcome to any suggestions. Also what do people do to avoid boredom with a team? Thanks

Portsmouth - Small squad, Poor budgets. Great challenge.

Birmingham - Not alot of money, In Europa League and promotion chasers.

Plymouth - No money (Facing administration), terrible squad. Look like there falling out the football league.

Leeds - Get a team like leeds to return to their former glory. Champions League.

European challenge's -

Athletic Bilbao - Have a rule they can only sign basque players which is Southern France and Northern spain I think.

Valencia - Same as leeds, Get them back and competing with the biggest teams in europe.

Deportivo - Get them promoted and back in the top 6 in Liga BBVA

Monaco - Quite rich now so could be a good choice, Get them promoted from ligue 2 to ligue 1 and get them in the top 4 again.

1860 Munchen - Have a huge stadium (Allianz Arena) and passionate fans, Get them promoted and playing in Europe again.

Or do what I'm doing, Start off as Automatic and start unemployed.

Every year when I first get the game I usually start with one of the teams promoted to the premier league. It's more fun than managing one of the big teams (I am a City fan) but you are still in the prem so have decent players. If you keep them up, it's a good sense of achievement and then you get a decent budget to build from there. I normally only get through two seasons of that before starting a more challenging game, but it's always fun. Monaco and Deportivo are good suggestions too,