FM 12 won't work on steam. launch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

leekelly

Reaction score
having a problem with Steam. Installed FM from the disc earlier everything worked fine, took a break now the game wont start again? a box comes up when i click play saying "preparing to launch" but nothing ever happens :( I installed it a second time but the same thing happened again :( i'm using a mac if that makes any difference?

I too have exactly the same problem. Installed, played ok for two hours, saved, quit, went to load up again and just get that launching message but nothing else. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps on steam too (updating Mac software/verifying game cache files).

If anyone from Si is reading this.... Steam sucks, why oh why make the game entirely reliant upon it!

Help much appreciated so I can get back to returning Luton to league football in peace.

Am having exactly the same problem , really frustrated just want to play game and cant find any help anywhere!!!!

am having the same problem click to play fm 12 and nothing happens

Yeah same here, thought it might be some setting stopping you from playing the game too often? Was that in fm11?

This might work:

1.Load Steam
‪2.‬From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
‪3.‬Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
‪4.‬Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
‪5.‬Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

im having the same problems, i have installed the game dn any updates. have not been able to play at all. when i click on the fm icon nothing happens. but when i click again it tells me the game is already running???? whats that about. it cant be opened. i hve tried the verify local files thing but has made no difference. has anyone got an answer to this???

First try "Verify integrity of game cache" and then "Defragment game files".

my problem is when i click it syas game is preloaded this has happened every time i exit and i need to reinstall and verify game cache also. this requires the net to do so ad as im heading off soon to a place with no net it looks likely i will not be able to play . why is this happening

my problem is when i click it syas game is preloaded this has happened every time i exit and i need to reinstall and verify game cache also. this requires the net to do so ad as im heading off soon to a place with no net it looks likely i will not be able to play . why is this happening
how do u verify game cache

Yeah same here, thought it might be some setting stopping you from playing the game too often? Was that in fm11?

every time i try and play i need to reinstall the game using the disk which automatically verifies the cache and allows me to play. my problem is in order to do this i need to be online so i can connect to steam. i have had to reinstall 3 times as every time i turn of my comp after playing the same problem occurs again

hope someone can help me out. I have activated on steam then when i launch it says updating and ready to launch 3 hours 20 minutes. It has been going for an hour and now says ready to launch in 4 hours 45 minutes

hope someone can help me out. I have activated on steam then when i launch it says updating and ready to launch 3 hours 20 minutes. It has been going for an hour and now says ready to launch in 4 hours 45 minutes

Sounds like the game is still downloading. The time will change depending on your internet download speed.

I ****** hate steam.
For some reason I'm not allowed to start the game anymore. I comes to the start screen, crashes, and boom. CTD, and some incomprehensible BS message. Tried doing the cache thingy, no good. Now, re-install. Whooptie-f'ing-d. This will probably take the whole night, untill I finally find the solution somewhere in the darkest abbys of the friggin internet. Bullshit steam dependant games.

had exactly the same issue, tried the verify and defrag but unresolved. Had resisted steam in previous years and this just proves i was correct.

I too have had the same problems and have signed up to Steam Support on Friday afternoon. I sent a message to their Support Team to advise me on a solution but over 72 hours later and no response! Will keep you updated!

once again i have the same problem . it is now pre loading the game thou i was happily playing it only 5 hours ago with no problems. i now have to reinstall for the fifth time since i got this game. it is an absolute joke as i spent 45 euro on this game tht requires constant reinstalling and cache updates and pre loading. sadly if this issue is not resolved i feel as if my time will be wasted buying next years edition if most of my time is spent trying to get into the game in the first place there are other games i can buy tht will eep me just as entertained. this is getting ridiculous now

went into game stop today to see if they knew anything about this problem , but they no nothing.... This is a joke altogether!!!
downloaded an update off steam today but nothing.....

getting more frustrated by the day the game os close to being a waste of money!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.