FM 13 - Montpellier Hérault Sports Club

connort787

Reaction score

Welcome to the Montpellier Herault SC Thread

480px-Montpellier_HSC_logo.svg.png

HISTORY

In 1989, the club was renamed Montpellier Hérault Sport Club after it received financial support from the General Council of Hérault. With the club competing consistently in the first division, Montpellier sought to increase its competitiveness by hiring Aimé Jacquet. Jacquet had won three titles with Bordeaux in the 1980s. Montpellier also had a group of talented players, notably Laurent Blanc, Eric Cantona, Daniel Xuereb, Wilbert Suvrijn, and Carlos Valderrama, among others. Jacquet only spent eight months in charge, which was a stint described by many as chaotic. A dressing room incident involving Cantona marred the club for most of the league season and, in February 1990, Jacquet was replaced by Mézy, who decided to return to the club.
Under Mézy, Montpellier shifted back to its normal ways and surprised many by winning the Coupe de France. The club defeated the likes of Istres, Nancy, and Louhans-Cuiseaux before beating Racing Paris 2–1 in the final courtesy of extra time goals from Laurent Blanc and Kader Ferhaoui. After the success, Mézy left the club again and several of the club's players slowly began to depart for better opportunities. Despite the departures, Montpellier remained in Division 1 for the next decade before falling to Division 2 at the start of the new millennium

After a short return to Division 1, now called Ligue 1, from 2001–2004, Montpellier were back playing in Ligue 2. The club spent one season under Nouzaret and two seasons under Jean-François Domergue before finding stability with Rolland Courbis in 2007. In Courbis' second season in charge, boasted by several talented young players, such as Víctor Hugo Montaño, Tino Costa, Joris Marveaux, and Johann Carrasso, he led the club back to Ligue 1 after finishing 2nd. After the season, Courbis left the club in order to began his prison sentence due to his involvement in the Olympique de Marseille corruption case and he was replaced by René Girard, With an abundance of young talent, Girard sought to bring in veterans to the club ahead of its return to Ligue 1. He successfully recruited Emir Spahic, Cyril Jeunechamp, and Romain Pitau. Girard also brought back Nenad Džodić, who he installed as captain. In the club's return, Montpellier surprised many football pundits, locally and internationally, by finishing in 5th place and qualifying for the UEFA Europa League. Montpellier even topped the table at one point during the season. In 2011–12, Montpellier won its first Ligue 1 title, finishing the season with 82 points, three more than runner-up Paris Saint-Germain. Olivier Giroud, who finished the season with 21 goals and nine assists, was the league's top goal scorer.

History Overview

montpellierhschistoryov.png

aa785b83c14c8daec845d1ff48984b58-getty-511065143.jpg

General Information

montpellierhscinformati.png

Expectations & Budgets

connortraynornewsinbox.png

Squad 2012/2013

50128.jpg

Facilities

Stade de La Mosson - Mondial 98

1220.jpg

montpellierhscinformati.png

Squad Analysis

GoalKeepers:

Geoffrey Jourdren stands out as your number 1, another home grown talent. He can pull of vital save when need to in big games. Jonathan Ligali needs some development but should be able to cover if needed. Finally Laurent Pionnier should be set as your back up keeper if needed. Pionnier should also be set to tutor Ligali for his development into a top class keeper

68681.jpg
250019493.jpg
]

Rating – 3 out 5

Recommendation: Whilst certainly not a priority, time is on your side to scout and look for a potential future number 1 who is capable of playing Champions League football.

Defenders:

This is a strong part of the team, you have a defense in all honesty that rocks. This unit of 4 (assuming you play 4 at the back) lets your focus in other areas of development. Bocaly (24) at right back, Mbiwa (23), Stambouli (21) and El Kaoutari (22) at either Left back or in the centre. Now to add to the depth, Hilton at 34 is solid, and Deplagne (20) are able to provide cover. The pleasing thing about this group is they offer you flexibility in the number of positions they can play. This back 4 is one of the strongest in the french league and can hold out in Europe aswell. Also Montpellier have signed Daniel Congré (27) from Toulouse for a fee of £4.3 Million. This will add extra cover for Champions League Matchs so you are covered at the back

Rating – 5 out 5

Recommendation: Raul Albiol is available on loan so this can make the back four even more solid

250013471.jpg
101764.jpg
98812.jpg
250016042.jpg
107758.jpg
250025890.jpg

Last edited:
Midfielders:

Centrally, you have good reliable players, such as Marveaux (29), Saihi (25), Estrada (29) and Pitau (34). Back upwise you have Dabo (20) who is young and can play about 10 - 12 games a season and he puts in a good work rate. Its not until you look at the promising attacking group with Belhanda (22) and Cabella (22). This will influence your formation as to use a attacking Midfielder, because of the sheer talent of Belhanda. These Players are the heart beat of this team and any serious injury to them can destroy your season so look after them

Out wide journey man Utaka (30) gives you experience and goals along with the pace of Camara (29). Ait Fana (22) is another of who can play either side out wide. Be mindful to get him to sign a new contract as it expires 6/13 and he turns out to be one of the best wide mildfielders in the game. Also with the Signing of Anthony Mounier (25) from Nice for £3 Million. Mounier is Quality and he will bag you goals all season long so he is a great addition to the team

Rating - 4 out 5

Recommendation: I think bringing a central midfielder or 2 is recommended. Once again depending on your tactics, you could get away with what you have.

64743.jpg
250020844.jpg
56865.jpg
1908092.jpg
250020839.jpg
250020840.jpg
250006709.jpg
70706.jpg
250020848.jpg
250010223.jpg
101654.jpg

Recommendations:

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen - Great playmaker in the middle of the pitch. The cheap Xavi if you ask me. Can can picked up for £1.8 Million so he will provide extra cover

Adryan - This Brazilian wonderkid has a £875K release clause so he should be bought quick to provide cover in the attacking midfield line. Can get a couple of goals a season

Wellington Nem - £3.5 Million release clause, so this kid is also a must

Forwards:

Probably a area that you will need to find a solution for. Herrera and Charbonnier are not Ligue 1 quality and this needs to be strenghtened if you are have any chance of contesting for the title again. Camara and Utaka capable of covering, which will leave you stretched out wide. You can promote Karim Sylla from the under 19’s who can chip in for 10-12 games and a few sub appearances.

Rating - 2 out 5

250052987.jpg
250003479.jpg
250052986.jpg

Recommendations: The rating of 2 is for you have no depth. , Herrera and Charbonnier are not good, Sylla is good but needs another year or two. So this area will need to be a priority for you.

Léonard Kweuke - £3.2 Million to sign this beast. He will batter anything that moves and he can score nearly 25+ goals a seaso

Kevin Gamiero - Can be loaned in first season and can be brought for £6.75 Million after the first season. He also is a beast and is suited to a poacher role so he can bag alot of goals aswell

Your Main Players:

1. Younes Belhanda (22) AMC -

[video=youtube;ah9AHU1EQno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah9AHU1EQno[/video]

2. Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (23) D (RLC), WB (RL) -

[video=youtube;SzGzlD5mZTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzGzlD5mZTA[/video]

3. Anthony Mounier (25) M/AM (RL)

4. Karim Ait Fana (23) AM (RL)

5. Garry Bocaly (24) D (RC) WB (R)

6. Benjamin Stambouli (21) D (C) DM

7. Abedel El Kaotari (23) D (LC), WB (L)

Youth Prospects:

1.Adboul Karim Sylla (20) ST

2.Alexandre Cropanese (18) DM

3.Jerome Simon (18) AMC

4.Stephane Hassane (18) AM (RL)

5.Fode Koita (21) ST

6.Nicolas Paglairini (18) AMC

Formations

The formation I play is 4-2-3-1 that is attacking and free flowing because of the amount of attacking players we have will also remain tight at the back line. You are forced to play one up top because of the lack of players.
My other fomation is a 4-2-1-2-1 which i use to get results against higher teams. This is very affective and works well with you're quick players. You are force to player Belhanda in the CM role but he is still affective.

montpellierhraultsctact.png
montpellierhraultsctact.png

Last edited:
Totally off topic but what skin do you have? Had a Montpellier save on 12 but will look over this when I finish my challenge

Being new to this forum i'd like to start off by thanking the members, many of you have really made it easier for me to enjoy FM over the last couple of years. Raikan, TBH etc... thanks for all your hard work.

Regarding Montpellier.

Brilliant opening post...only thing that would make it even better, was if you had names to go with the pictures. i have no idea whos who.

I'm in my 4th season managing Mont., I think SI changed the budget since i started my game as my budget was 0 £ for transfers and a wage budget already spent.

Tactics, i used 4-2-3-1 at home and 4-2-3-1 deep ( drooping the 2 cm's to dmc )
the squad is as you point out really strong and ST is really the only place you need to spend your bucks the first season.

I almost agree with your main players list.
I would remove katouri and replace him with marveaux ( not sure it's spelled correctly ) , Katouri never really worked for me not as LB nor as CD.
Other players worth mentioning is Jonas Martin, who developed a bit and became a great back up player as AMR / MR.
Pierrick Fito is a young player you should keep track of, he is in my game much better than any of the players on your youth prospect list.

line up suggestion based on my experince : 4-2-3-1 (CM)
Jourdren
Bedimo (LB) - Congre - Mbiwa - Bocaly
Marveaux - Saihi
Ait Fana - Belhanda - Mounier
Charbonnier.

If you choose to go for the 4-2-3-1 deep as away formation, i suggest substituting Saihi with Stambouli.

Being new to this forum i'd like to start off by thanking the members, many of you have really made it easier for me to enjoy FM over the last couple of years. Raikan, TBH etc... thanks for all your hard work.

Regarding Montpellier.

Brilliant opening post...only thing that would make it even better, was if you had names to go with the pictures. i have no idea whos who.

I'm in my 4th season managing Mont., I think SI changed the budget since i started my game as my budget was 0 £ for transfers and a wage budget already spent.

Tactics, i used 4-2-3-1 at home and 4-2-3-1 deep ( drooping the 2 cm's to dmc )
the squad is as you point out really strong and ST is really the only place you need to spend your bucks the first season.

I almost agree with your main players list.
I would remove katouri and replace him with marveaux ( not sure it's spelled correctly ) , Katouri never really worked for me not as LB nor as CD.
Other players worth mentioning is Jonas Martin, who developed a bit and became a great back up player as AMR / MR.
Pierrick Fito is a young player you should keep track of, he is in my game much better than any of the players on your youth prospect list.

line up suggestion based on my experince : 4-2-3-1 (CM)
Jourdren
Bedimo (LB) - Congre - Mbiwa - Bocaly
Marveaux - Saihi
Ait Fana - Belhanda - Mounier
Charbonnier.

If you choose to go for the 4-2-3-1 deep as away formation, i suggest substituting Saihi with Stambouli.

Yes I totally agree marveaux is a great player but so is el katouri. Just stick him on a tackling training and that should do the job for you. Yes players growth at different rates depending on what training you decide to use but fito is a great young player

Thanks for your input!!!