FM 14 - A Nice Shake-up or Decline of the FM Series

Georgeye

Reaction score
This years game has been pretty interesting with the addition of many features and the fall of many. There is no doubt this year's game has been one of the toughest in recent years to tackle with there not being so many world dominating tactics (although this has recently changed just looking at the community) so I just wanted to get everyone's opinions and know if they would like to see FM 2015 equally challenging or step it down a bit and allow the community to ease into the game a bit more. Me personally I haven't enjoyed FM 2014 quite as much as 2013 or 2012 but i must admit it now feels more rewarding when I do get some success with the team I'm managing at that point of time.

Let us know how you're feeling, cheers :)

tbh I feel FM14 was a huge improvement on FM13, FM13 was a complete disaster - but since FM10/11 the game has gone downhill for me. I still play it quite a lot, but don't enjoy it as much as back then.

Most of the big additions in FM14 I didn't even bother with (FMC, challenges). FMC dumbs down the game too much in my opinion and challenges get boring fast.

I miss FMO lol

i believe FM14 is the best FM yet! reason why i say this is because its a Football Manager simulation game, so it can be fun, just like your normal football manager job but also very frustrating, just like a football manager job.
this FM has had a lot of match engine problems, yes, but every FM has had that, just that previous FM engines were just too easy for us to exploit the engine and win 80% of games, which is fun, but not very realistic. this FM is very detailed, once you pay attention to these details and act like a football manager the game will become enjoyable for you, but people are moaning because they come on this site to download tactics and want instant wins and blame the game

it's a great game i just think they need to make mentals a little more important (it seems like people with fantastic mentals are the ones who can't read the play!) fix the heading and maybe make the defensive instructions a little easier to follow.. i find myself still conceding ridiculous goals often!!

I like the new roles and new team/players instructions instead of the sliders, feels more realistic this way imo. Small additions and details also make the game fresh every year for me.

ME needs some refinement though, and needs to be more solid and consistent from release day. Seems to me that with every new patch we have to learn how to deal with a new ME (with new pros and new cons) every time. Kind of breaks the flow of the game for me, especially in long term saves.