lxl Ra lxl

Reaction score
So, at the moment FM14 is on sale and I'll probably buy it, but i was wondering, is the current Match Enginge better than in FM13 or should i wait till like the january update so the major bugs are out off the game?

It's a subjective question. You're going to get a 50/50 reaction with a question like that.

Some people hate the match engine, say it's a hunk of ***** and that it's a rip off and not worth the money in their back pocket.
Others say that it's improved, far more realistic and more accurately reflects the challenge faced by real world football managers.

I personally love it. I feel the ME has improved and I feel it's more intuitive; things now do what they say they will without having a trail-and-error system; the sliders in previous FM's I found to be horrible!. To be honest, I don't think there are many major bugs left, just players who are looking for excuses for their bad results.

I didn't mean like if people like this game more than FM13. I meant like are there alot of bugs in FM 14?
Like is there still bad pressing when ur playing a 4-3-3 and playing against a 3 men defence. Or do goal keepers make weird mistakes, is it too easy to score from corners etc for example.

Just wanna know if alot changes will be made in the incoming update that will fix stuff instead of just transfers and CA/PA.

Corner bug has been resolved IIRC, pressing is not as hilarious as in FM13, Goalkeeper's are competent, I don't feel vulnerable while fielding my backup keeper, which I used to in FM13, unless I had a quality backup Gk.

I'm also a fan of the new game, match engine, tactics. Seems improved. There's always going to be "that" one match that'll frustrate the **** out of you, but that also happens IRL.