Status
Not open for further replies.
That just means they don't want to sell.

I understand that but on the flip side i would be fairly comfortable in saying that the majority of clubs outside the big clubs would struggle turning down 30 mil for a player worth 210k.

I understand that but on the flip side i would be fairly comfortable in saying that the majority of clubs outside the big clubs would struggle turning down 30 mil for a player worth 210k.

He's not actually 'worth' 210k though, that's what he's estimated to be worth. The club could well (and usually do) rate him far higher than that. He's ostensibly worth 210k, but to the club he could be worth 10 million, and then if they don't want to sell because he's an amazing prospect that could rise to huge levels.

See the Andy Carroll, for example. When Liverpool were trying to buy him, most people would've reckoned he was worth about 12-15 million. To Newcastle he was worth much more, being a young, English goalscorer who was spearheading the team. To them he was worth about 25. Turns out Liverpool had to go up to 35 million after Newcastle turned down their first offer of roughly 28.

He's not actually 'worth' 210k though, that's what he's estimated to be worth. The club could well (and usually do) rate him far higher than that. He's ostensibly worth 210k, but to the club he could be worth 10 million, and then if they don't want to sell because he's an amazing prospect that could rise to huge levels.

See the Andy Carroll, for example. When Liverpool were trying to buy him, most people would've reckoned he was worth about 12-15 million. To Newcastle he was worth much more, being a young, English goalscorer who was spearheading the team. To them he was worth about 25. Turns out Liverpool had to go up to 35 million after Newcastle turned down their first offer of roughly 28.

What that club needs is a chairman to **** the manager over and accept your offer, thats 'too good to turn down'... god i hate when that happens..

What that club needs is a chairman to **** the manager over and accept your offer, thats 'too good to turn down'... god i hate when that happens..

If FM was more realistic, that's exactly what would happen to the vast majority of clubs, but I think it would cause too many ragequits to implement. ;)

This is an excellent example of this happening in effect.
I think that the problem we are seeing in game is that youth or reserve players who are estimated to be valued at 200k are being offered for 70m.

How much did man u sign Cristiano Ronaldo for?
He was a first team player at a medium sized club. His potential was obviously huge.

70m is the value of a fully developed super player. Not the player who is just starting their career

This is an excellent example of this happening in effect.
I think that the problem we are seeing in game is that youth or reserve players who are estimated to be valued at 200k are being offered for 70m.

How much did man u sign Cristiano Ronaldo for?
He was a first team player at a medium sized club. His potential was obviously huge.

70m is the value of a fully developed super player. Not the player who is just starting their career

To be fair, transfers have massive inflated in value since then.

But even so, show me some screenshots of youth players who are going for £70 mil. I'd be surprised if it was true.

At the end of the day, often these are instances of clubs in a good financial states with a phenom of a youth player who don't need to sell him. The club communicates the fact that they don't want to and don't NEED to sell by slapping massive prices on them. And hey, if someone pays it, more fool them.

He's not being "offered" for 70m. You're politely being told to **** off and they're picking a silly number to tell you that.

You can always negotiate, which is something that is forgotten about. On the other hand, you could try and unsettle him. If he's at a bigger club, your chances are slim though.

So its essentially a '**** you, we would sell him for less than 100mil' reply to the bid..

Using the andy carrol argument the club paid roughly 3x the estimation of value i have offered over 100x his value. I get what your saying the club thinks he is going to be an excellent player and could be worth x in the future so to them he is worth a substantially higher amount then his current value.

I dont actually want to sign the player for that amount, they actually held their valuation to 50 million which i feel is unrealistic outside the big big clubs i cant see any club in the world managing to hold onto a player especially when the price goes above 30 million it seems unrealistic to me.

edit* im talking about youth players here

Last edited:
So its essentially a '**** you, we would sell him for less than 100mil' reply to the bid..
In a way, yes. They don't want to sell. That's it really. If you fork out silly money however...

Unsettle the player. You'll see how much their valuation drops then!

won a league cup game 7-1 as watford and in the news it came up as highest scoring league game

Far too many shots from both sides in most matches, the worst Ive had so far was MCFC v EFC both teams had 35+ shots . I have set my strategy to defensive and all players to shoot less as a test and still have over 25 shots in most matches. shots from distance is also ridiculous in my opinion, too many golazo's, which I think somebody has already metioned.
I find there is an incredible amount of mistakes per game from a variety of different positions, not least the centre backs and the goalkeeper.

Player roles seem to be a bit all over the place aswell, Ive not tested them all out but inverted wing backs seem pointless as they don't operate any differently to wing backs or full backs and still seem to overlap all the time.
Ive noticed a few positives with the inside forwards as they seem far more effective than previously.

Something else I have noticed which causes ineffective strikers is the amount of through balls, or lack of. Even with Playmakers set to more direct passing, team instructions to pass into space and a poacher or advanced forward they still don't occur. everything seems to be worked out wide and crossed in. Which leads me to the next issue of mine.

Defenders are terrible at defending crosses, I have tested out many different team and player instructions but they all seem to do their own thing when they don't have the ball, running round aimlessly ignoring instruction and often putting the ball in their own goal. Short strikers scoring ridiculous headers against towering centre backs is just insane, especially with long high floated balls into the box.

Playing three at the back is also a nonesense as the two outside centre backs practically hug the touchline which just results in strikers and AMC's running straight through the gaps. This also happens with two CB's and a half back as I have just found out.

Seems like lots to fix again from SI, I would rather each year they made small adjustments to the overall game and fixed existing issues properly than trying to overhaul parts of the game which just brings more bugs with it. The new player roles are obviously going to cause massive issues with the match engine initially, but were they needed?. Inverted wingbacks are overdue (although they don't currently work!) as they have become a mainstay in a lot of strategies the world over now and was very difficult if not impossible to create them using existing roles and PI's but some of the others are debatable, Roaming playmaker? you could could tweak a Regista or a DLP to do this. A raumdeuter can be created using the inside forward role and playing with the PI's. In my opinion it would have been better to leave these out and just focus on tidying up the previous version.

The game will probably be ready by February and then next year there will be new features again, yet a lot of this years will still not be fixed. What next year? A roaming inverted false enganche?

Also the new TI to close down the opponent GK doesn't work, the team keeps dropping deeper instead of closing down.

And they say football is mostly about player roles, yeah, right.

Too many injuries all the time :( also direct free kicks always hit woodwork and then someone scores the rebound

i play using a brand new macbook air (cost me £1600 as i upgraded everything, doubled the ram from 4gb to 8gb, the i5 processor to the i7 processor) FM14 ran very quickly and it was a joy to play, FM15 on the other hand is absolutely horrendous, its unplayable. the match engine screen is fine when I'm playing games, but the loading screens during processing are horrible. i can be stuck 5 mins waiting to go onto the next screen

i have a friend that also plays on the mac and he's having a problem, i really hope this is going to be sorted out as i can't play FM like this on what is a brand new powerful computer...

Far too many shots from both sides in most matches, the worst Ive had so far was MCFC v EFC both teams had 35+ shots . I have set my strategy to defensive and all players to shoot less as a test and still have over 25 shots in most matches. shots from distance is also ridiculous in my opinion, too many golazo's, which I think somebody has already metioned.

If "work ball into box" is selected, the number of long shots will decrease.

Playing three at the back is also a nonesense as the two outside centre backs practically hug the touchline which just results in strikers and AMC's running straight through the gaps. This also happens with two CB's and a half back as I have just found out.

Have to agree ont his one. I've played with 3 with United and the midlle guy always let the other strike go alone because there was too many space. just horrible.

Half back don't work, but try regista. It works, but if using more MCs, don't use ball recovery as they will occupy the same space

Almost the other stuff that you say is just rubbish. The game is not broken, we just don't understand it. in 14, the better tactics appeared 2 month after the last patch which was the time that players needed to understand the ME and the AI.

And this is BETA.

Status
Not open for further replies.