ilyas96

Reaction score
Hi....

Just bought a new graphics card today to make my graphics quality on FM become alot better.

My friend recommended GeForce GT 710. I bought it and installed it and my graphics are exactly the same. (0.5 stars before and after on the preferences menu FM17).

Have i done something wrong or what?.

https://gyazo.com/f6856d5342d3e9b98ff62bf44453d102 (CanIRunFm Results)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you bought a multi media GPU, not a gaming one.
The GT710 is for a user looking to get a HDMI connection to a TV/monitor, to play movies etc...

Your friend is an amateur and just wasted your 30 quid, so please don't listen to him in future.
I've a 2nd hand HD 7770 Vapor-x card from years ago that I took out of my girlfriends PC and will be selling it for about €50 on the local ad sites.
You should look for one on the 2nd hand market where you live (it's capable of playing GTA v at 1080p with a combo of Med/high settings).

Just to show you a quick comparison... Keep in mind, the HD 7770 is from 2012 XD

View attachment 100588

View attachment 100587

View attachment 100586

Nvidia GeForce GT 710 compare AMD Radeon HD 7770 Vapor-X GHz OC Edition GPU

Bro i get that but still!?!?! ..... 0.5 ******* STARS?! not even half a star improvement

You were robbed.
Even the Intel integrated chips beat it for gaming.

In terms of overall gaming performance, the graphical capabilities of the Intel HD Graphics 520 Mobile are significantly better than the Nvidia GeForce GT 710.

deleted cache and preferences folders and i got 4 star graphic capability so all is well and money well spent ??????

Sigh...
Those four little stars you are pinning your hopes to don't mean anything.
FM17 is not a benchmarking suite, it's a game with some ****** animations tagged on.

It makes no difference what the star rating says, if you are running a potato gpu, you get potato visuals (in fairness the graphics during matches should run on a calculator, they are so bad).

Judge it on how smooth it's running and how amazing it looks. Not on what some poorly calculated in game star rating says.

Edit:
Not being facetious, but the graphics rating given to GPU's in the FM games are not calculated using in game bench-marking. So they are best ignored.
I ran FM15 on an overclocked GTX 970 which ran every modern game on Ultra, yet it was given a 4 star rating in FM XD.
Everything was as smooth as silk on high settings though.

Moral of the story? Pay no attention to silly little stars. Judge with your eyes.
Can you turn everything up high at 1080p and run it smoother than George Clooney in a coffee advert?

Last edited: