FM 2005 Banned In China

Tommo43

Met Pixie Lott <3
Reaction score
before i put about this i know some people wont care so please to put pointless messages.

I just found this on the internet and the game was banned in China because Tibet was recognised as its own country and not under Chinas ruling. This is one of the only games i thought would not be banned from anywhere. Bit of a stupid reason by whoever banned it in China

I must say that China is stupid ! No offense to the Chinese people ..

It's not as if China is a place know for its freedom values or letting Tibet have its rightful independence

Banned's a bit harsh -- surely a simple email explaining the situation would have sufficed? SI could have released a patch and an apology via a press release to address the problem pretty handy.

Banned's a bit harsh -- surely a simple email explaining the situation would have sufficed? SI could have released a patch and an apology via a press release to address the problem pretty handy.

lol, I'm sure an email to the Chinese government by SI would clear it all up! XD

lol, I'm sure an email to the Chinese government by SI would clear it all up! XD

I meant the Chinese could have complained to SI via email (or whatever) and SI could have addressed the problem from there. Banning a football game for a simple, fixable, oversight seems harsh by anyones standards.

I meant the Chinese could have complained to SI via email (or whatever) and SI could have addressed the problem from there. Banning a football game for a simple, fixable, oversight seems harsh by anyones standards.

I guess I'll send them an email to tell them to stop oppressing their citizens' (more like prisoners') rights and to give Tibet it's rightful independence back.

I guess I'll send them an email to tell them to stop oppressing their citizens' (more like prisoners') rights and to give Tibet it's rightful independence back.

That is a different thing all together than a mishap in a game and deep down, I think you know that.

lol yeah that makes much more sense. Have China email SI...

lol yeah that makes much more sense. Have China email SI...

I understand that China operates differently from many other countries around the world -- if you read my original post I was merely stating that the punishment massively outweighed the crime. The sarcastic nature so often evident on this site can be a bane at times.

Fine I'll be more serious; I would not condone SI bowing to the demands of China to recognise their disgraceful behaviour regarding Tibet by making it a subservient state.

I understand that China operates differently from many other countries around the world -- if you read my original post I was merely stating that the punishment massively outweighed the crime. The sarcastic nature so often evident on this site can be a bane at times.

no government anywhere is going to email a company/publisher about a video game out of the blue.

If China wants to ban the game fine, that's their choice. You talk a big game, but if you really were smart you'd understand their reasoning. In reality their censors probably gave it little thought.

Fine I'll be more serious; I would not condone SI bowing to the demands of China to recognise their disgraceful behaviour regarding Tibet by making it a subservient state.

That's a far better reply and it's also informative. Btw, I wasn't saying don't be humorous -- I'm just not the biggest fan of sarcastic remarks used for the sole purpose of making someone look like a complete idiot (unless it's justified.) Anyone can be sarcastic in this way, it doesn't take much thought.

Better not buy FM11 as Tibet is not in the game!

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

That's a far better reply and it's also informative. Btw, I wasn't saying don't be humorous -- I'm just not the biggest fan of sarcastic remarks used for the sole purpose of making someone look like a complete idiot (unless it's justified.) Anyone can be sarcastic in this way, it doesn't take much thought.

good god, now you are going to cry about it?

no government anywhere is going to email a company/publisher about a video game out of the blue.

If China wants to ban the game fine, that's their choice. You talk a big game, but if you really were smart you'd understand their reasoning. In reality their censors probably gave it little thought.

What big game? And where did I claim to be smart? I was only making the point that it was very harsh. But in the end, they probably lost out on thousands in taxes and such so they damaged themselves more than anyne else.

What big game? And where did I claim to be smart? I was only making the point that it was very harsh. But in the end, they probably lost out on thousands in taxes and such so they damaged themselves more than anyne else.

Harsh? I'm sure they were all brooding about how to punish FM. The tax revenue of FM would be a grain of sand on the beach to china.

I have a feeling the context of my posts is being taking in a way I didn't mean them to be. They have punished a game that could have been beneficial to them in certain ways when the problem they had issues with could have been fixed by an editor in 5 seconds.

Hardly surprising. This is a country that bans the open use of Facebook and other social networking sites, as they believe it gives their citizens the wrong idea and far too much freedom to get together and discuss particular topics.

Hardly surprising. This is a country that bans the open use of Facebook and other social networking sites, as they believe it gives their citizens the wrong idea and far too much freedom to get together and discuss particular topics.

or maybe facebook is **** and China is actually onto something?

All I can say is thank f*** I'm not Chinese. I would be so annoyed living in a country where you cant play the worlds most popular football management game. The Chinese government take thinks way too far when it comes to anything political. At least they are not as bad as North Korea.