FM 2008 installation

michael

Reaction score
hi all, it's a while since I was last on here but after recently getting a new laptop I've been unable to install fm2008 on it and had to settle for playing fm07 which has been frustrating! every time i install it and try and load it, it says something like 'please insert original disk':mad:
does any know the solution or has it happened to you too?
thanks in advance

Tried buying the original, real game?

I have got the real game, I bought it when it first came out, had it installed fine on my old computer, but now won't work on my laptop

yes the disk's always in when I load it, really frustrating that it won't load

this is the latest message I get 'unable to load "FM08.rar":not enough storage is available to process this command'
any idea what this means?:?

You sure you have the real game?

I didn't think there was a .rar file in the real game to be honest.

mate I don't even know what a "rar" file is, I swear it's the real game I bought from WHSmith or sumat last year, installed on my old PC fine like I said but just won't load at all on my new laptop, I've uninstalled it and tried re-installing it but it won't even install now

a rar file is any file thats been compressed to make it smaller by a program called winrar, you then use winrar to unrar it (decompress it if you will), like redders said im 99% sure rars are not involved with the proper game, but a copied version will most likely be in a rar file.

Could you screenshot what happens when you try to play the game?

I had to install it the manual way by going through all the files until it comes to the set-up file, it then goes through the steps of installation, it's installing now, I'll let you know what happens shortly but I know it won't let me play the game

i'm sorry i'm so computer-illiterate i can't print screen:| but after installing this is what it says: 'The installation of Football Manager 2008 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.'

don't worry guys(I know you were all panicking;)) I found the solution, I installed the latest patch and it miraculously worked! Thanks for your help

Must have downloaded the 8.02 crack but normal version of the game. Easy mistake to make really.

Last edited: