FM 2008, my own challenge

blaineyboy

Reaction score
Hey all, long time no visit (im sure this site was down a few weeks back)

I must b honest and say im sittin hear shaking like a shittin dog in anticipation of my game (hopefully arriving tomorrow - don't know what I will do if it don't) and I was speaking to my cousin who is gonna buy it after I played the demo.

When we discussed the game I was telling him about all the little features such as adjusting the pitches, choppin n changing ur budget etc etc. We had the idea of both picking the same team (would have to be lower league as more fun and more to achieve) and would compete against each other and see who does best after 5 seasons. I.E What we won (cups, leagues), awards won (players and manager). Just to make it interesting the winner gets £30.

After playing all the FM & CM series, because of the different changes you can make, this challenge seems the best game to try it on.

What you guys think?

I actually agree with you there. Budget and financial changes in the game have made the lower leagues seem like a more fun way to go about this game..i have an urge to go someone in the conf north or south and fly up the league's :D

Sounds like a good idea. Could be good fun to see who does what with the same resources.

I just stopped playin my redditch utd FM07 game, took them from Conference North to L2 in 5 seasons, I don't think it was bad going literally had no money and made no profit for 2 seasons, done everything on a cotton-thread but turned it around n got decent players and made profit.

If I had that much enjoyment doing that type of game in FM07 then I think I will enjoy it even more in FM08.

Could be good fun to see who does what with the same resources.

Thats our main basis behind it all, we boast our achievements to each other but It would be good to see how our different styles of management effects the team we take on.

I am really interested to see if we choose the same type of pitch size and if we don't what the difference in results would be. I will probably go along the lines of short and wide pitch, like Highbury was.

Welcome back Blainey

good idea that, addin money always makes things more interesting!!

I am really interested to see if we choose the same type of pitch size and if we don't what the difference in results would be. I will probably go along the lines of short and wide pitch, like Highbury was.

wasn't it long and narrow :|

Sky Sports football yearbook quoted 101m x 67m which is short but ye maybe narrow, well I like the idea of a short n wide pitch anyways, maybe Highbury was not the best example.