FM 2008 - What Do You Think?

I started well with Liverpool but have tailed off now after bwt 9 games.

I like the match engine, player movements and stuff seems to be more realistic. and the confidnece changes are excellent. I like how you can see fans morale, and opinions on players not playing well etc.

i like how at the end of your season you get your best 11 of the season

I'm getting frustrated playing this as closing down isn't working like it should be and I'm losing games because of it. :(

I am finding it hard to get a tactic that works much harder than 07. I stayed up on last day of the season me sunderland and boro two of the 3 went down boro won at liverpool 2-1, sunderland won at everton 2-0 and i scored in last minute at chelsea to win 1-0 and stayed up. I love the training seems to work much faster and i like it how your coaches have training reports etc cameron jerome has improved as a footballer over the last 6 months his first touch has been most noticeable. I like the captain vice captain thing too. I just thing its very hard so far and 4-4-2 i just cant get it to work i won most games playin 4-5-1 but i dont like it i prefer 4-4-2 but that just dont seem to work:mad:

well my old fm 07 tactic still works *evil laugh*

Integrating Demo

I just bought the game this morning and will be playing it when I get home. I am around 4 months into the season of the demo version and wondered if there was anyway to continue playing this game on the full version?

ie can I save my demo game onto the full version rather than having to start again?!? I am doing quite well - 1 goal conceded in 10 league games!!!

PLEASE...

yea you can i think it comes up on the saved games list automatically if not then go to my documents>SIGames>fm08demo>saved games cut it and paste it to the fm08 folder :)

you can but ive just read on the sigames forums that if you do there will be loads of bugs in your game, its the same if you buy an ilegal copy of the game. sigmaes are getting clever! lol

you can but ive just read on the sigames forums that if you do there will be loads of bugs in your game, its the same if you buy an ilegal copy of the game. sigmaes are getting clever! lol

I don't see how a pirate copy of the game would have any more bugs than the original it is burned from. Unless said original was a beta version, but other than that, meh.

I don't see how a pirate copy of the game would have any more bugs than the original it is burned from. Unless said original was a beta version, but other than that, meh.

i dunno thats what is said on the sigames forum. it was ter the sports interactive skin man that said it i think

I'm happy to report that the saved game from the demo WAS indeed transferrable to the full version of the game and I have taken up where I left off. I have not noticed any bugs as yet after doing this and all seems to be working fine. All it took was moving one file (in the saved games folder named 'games' in My Documents / Sports Interactive).

I do though have slight bug to report. I was playing a quarter final in the league cup when 7 of my starting 11 and 3 of my 5 subs from the previous game were made unavailable due to them travelling with to be with their international squads.

This wasn't african or american based squads, but scottish and english squads. SURELY this is a bug! I was knocked out on penalties to a lower league team!! GUTTED!

Has anyone else suffered from this bizarre scenario?

not even a thank you for telling you how to fix it pfft

ppl have been saying its got harder i think its got easier lol
jus started a season with chelsea i know they should be the best of the best but againest wigan i was 5-0 up in 30 mins and then won the game 6-1 the next game i was 3-0 againest arsenal in 40 mins. i dont no if its a lucky 2 games but seems to be goin well lol. now iv said this prob will do really rubbish.

I do though have slight bug to report. I was playing a quarter final in the league cup when 7 of my starting 11 and 3 of my 5 subs from the previous game were made unavailable due to them travelling with to be with their international squads.

This wasn't african or american based squads, but scottish and english squads. SURELY this is a bug! I was knocked out on penalties to a lower league team!! GUTTED!

Has anyone else suffered from this bizarre scenario?

I guess this has been fixed in the final release. Sounds like something too big to miss for full release.

dougalputt, check the euro 2008 when it comes up and see if all the teams that finished bottom of their qualifiers are in the finals, cos thats one of the bugs that people have been getting when they transfer their demo save to the full version.

my fav thing about FM 08 is boozys (Guillaume Beuzelin) hair, i actually lol'd when i seen it

I do wub this game, obviously. Though i've decided i don't like the new skin, and the way one or two things have changed in the layout remind me of the first CM after the split :yuck: