FM 2009 Black Screen

alekhin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a problem, i tried to add some new skins and player faces. After that when i try to start fm2009, i see a black screen where i used to see the load or new game menu. I tried to uninstall the game but i receive some java errors(java is up to date). After that i deleted it from registery and installed again, but i still have the same problem. (i also removed all the files from graphic folder)

what can i do to fix it? have you any idea?

Try running the game with the --reset_preferences command line option.

thanks a lot. you saved my life :)
is there anything that i should be aware of? i think a did something wrong but i dont know what.

Sounds like one of the skins you had was a bit faulty and wasn't loading the graphics correctly.

where do u find reset preferences as my black screen comes before the load last game screen at the start of the game

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

change

the sports interactive or fm shortcut. found out its the fm shortcut but target field is faded writing so cant write anythin in it

Last edited:
Read the first line again.

/facepalm

target field is faded so cant write anythin at it

Cheers very much LEE TAYLOR just worked it out. Now jus gotta get my saved game back on