FM 2009 Podcast

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Football Manager podcast is available to download via iTunes for free.

Anybody got a non iTunes link for it. My PC doesn't like bloatware.

Hopefully its about FM and not then talking about football whichwas zzz

Itunes Link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=37916025&id=266108646

EDIT:

ewwww from the description it looks like its them talking about football:

Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive talks to friends, colleagues and journalists all with one thing in common - an obsession with Football. This week Miles is joined by Craig Bloomfield from Loaded and James Olley from the London Lite and Evening Standard. This week, amongst other things, the group will be giving their views on this week’s International friendlies, Grand Slam Sunday, referees and the relegation battle.

Id rather listen to proper pundits talk about football tbh. Someone tell me if they talk about FM though

Anybody got a non iTunes link for it. My PC doesn't like bloatware.

Yeh can somebody please download it and share it for the rest of us as I don't want to download iTunes either.

2nd podcasts out, here are the 10 new features that were revealed in it:

1. Distance tracker- shows how much your player's have run and how hard are they working. (In kilometers or miles)

2. Improved team reports- Your assistant manager will prepare detailed team reports and will higlight the weakness in the squad and suggest player's you may buy to strengthen.

3. Changes in team Awards- overall history of team awards will be available.

4. More options while going on holidays regarding job applications( Top half, bottom half clubs etc...)

5. Player Ratings- players playing for less than 10 minutes on coming on as substitutues DO NOT get rated so that their average ratings do not go down.

6. Feeder Clubs- Once you have gained the trust of your Boardroom you can ask the board for a SPECIFIC feeder club/parent club!

7. Ability to Loan players will be improved. Specific details can be sent to clubs asking them to loan players.

8. Stadium Expansion will now begin at the END of a season so that the stadium with improved capacity is ready by the time the season kicks off.

9. In countries like Spain where clubs have their own "B" teams, these teams will not be regarded as feeder clubs anymore but shall be seen as affiliated clubs.

10. Agent Transfer rules...not really sure about this...
Example: French Choker/Joker rule. Anyone know what that is?

i like the idea with the feeder teams and the subs not getting rated. not sure about the agent thing

I dont think its agents, it wasnt explained well at all that feature, they example they gave was the French joker rule which I think allows a team to sign one player outside the window.

I like the sub not gettign rated if only 10 mins elft featurre, always annoys me someone getting inj in 90s mins then having to brign somneone on to get a 6.

Also the loan things good, asking all the teams in a div what players they will loan will save me a lot of time as I tend to bid on every good youngster to get them on laon.

listening atm to the new ep.

7 new features getting announced.

Blogs starting on Monday on HMV website.

Demo will be available on Steam so quick dowloading \0/

EDIT:

SI are gunna be sponsering a new team, whcih will be announced soon.

Said they also sponser a team i nSweden, anyone know?

Theres FM deodorant coming out

EDIT:

New Features

- Squad Numbers can be retired, numbers retired irl will be retired and after x amount of years at a club you will be able to retire numbers

-inactive teams improved now, players now play a full season if out on loan.

-Nationalty improved, rules updated slightly for a playter gaining 2nd nationality.

-Pundits comment on ref performance

-pregame injury history

-New sound affects

-the ability to reject all loan offers (you can already do that though :S)

Last edited:
Probably 2-3 weeks before release date.

X| Please tell me thats just a **** joke.

Im pretty sure Miles was being serious, but i think its a promotional thing and not summat that will be sold in shops

itll be a joke about not needing to wash during huge fm sessions or something stupid.

itll be a joke about not needing to wash during huge fm sessions or something stupid.

29success2.jpg

http://www.shortlist.com/competitions/article/win-football-manager-2009-spray