FM 2011 Keeps Restarting My Computer

MikeNUFC

Reaction score
Alright guys. Been a Football Manager fan for a few years but have always played it on my brothers laptop - he's now moved out so when I recieved 2011 I assumed it would be okay on my PC.

It seems to install via Steam fine, yet about 5 minutes into playing it (usually during a save point/a game) it proceeds to restart my computer without a warning. I've googled for help but no-one seems to have this problem?

I know very little about software/hardware but this is the information that I've gathered that may be helpful:

-Windows XP
-2.20GHz
-Intel Pentium Dual CPU
-1.99GB of RAM
-Display: Intel G33/G31

I've installed the latest Direct X and Java also.

Any help is much appreciated.

Is it not your computer doing automatic updates? Sounds like you haven't been on it in a while.. But if it's happening numerous times then that could be a long shot.

take a look through here mate, or post this in here :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f115/jak-16s-pc-problems-guide-help-thread-t60268.html

is it giving you the blue screen with white writing? or is it just restarting?

Just simply restarting. Everything I've read online has been about blue/black screen with error messages. I'll have a look thtrough that in a minute. Cheers

Is it not your computer doing automatic updates? Sounds like you haven't been on it in a while.. But if it's happening numerous times then that could be a long shot.
I use it regularly... but not sure about updates.

If anyone could get me a download for a chipset/graphics card update for the specs I posted that would be great. I've had a browse but found nothing.

Try downloading the latest service pack, Service pack 3.

latest graphic drivers? or is that onboard? can you download drivers for onboard? never had one ;)

Try downloading the latest service pack, Service pack 3.
Definitely already have that, just had a look. Cheers anyway.

Here's some driver specs (right click > view image):

fm2011.png

the fact it's restarting suggests that the processor is going to the max temperature it will allow and is therefore shutting down to prevent damages. In the amazing thread that Raikan linked there is a link to a program called coretemp. Download it and report back here with the temperatures it tells you

Had this problem too while playing Mirror's Edge. Change the thermal paste on the processor, or if the GPU is OC'ed, downclock it.

Cheers guys, it's much appreciated. I downloaded that software. Here's the results (I have no clue what any of it means!)

Change the thermal paste on the processor, or if the GPU is OC'ed, downclock it

Thanks but that's a foreign language to a computer 'noob' like me! Anyway of simplifing it for an idiot such as myself?

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:51 PM ----------

bump