Status
Not open for further replies.

jasm2011

Reaction score
Long time FM player (2007, 2009, 2011) always play Chelsea and have had a stable super effective set of H&A tactics UNTIL NOW...

I've been using the same tactics with huge success transferring them to each new release with no loss of effectiveness until FM 2011. I went old school slider DIY tactics instead of the newer system (poacher, deep lying playmaker etc) to make sure I got the same set of instructions but SOMETHING HAS CHANGED!

For instance in FM 2009 I won premier league 5 years in a row + 3 FA cups + 2 Champions leagues + 2 world club championships etc etc. I then got bored moved to Roma and won the Serie A first time etc. My tactics were gold...

What I'm noticing is that the overall play is much the same, solid defense, great passing, loads of chances BUT MY STRIKERS SIMPLY CANNOT FINISH ANY MOVE. Every shot is just wide, over, woodwork etc etc. If my midfielders don't score or I don't nab a goal from a set piece I lose. Morale is high, I have world class players, training sorted, I can man manage SO WTF IS GOING ON!!!!

This is killing me because FM2011 is so much better in many ways...

Any feedback, advice, similar experiences? At a complete loss here... :'(

There is a ridiculous amount of 1 on 1's saved in FM2011. Something SI deffinately got wrong imo.

I had the same thing in a middlesbrough league.

kris boyd having at least 5 shots on average per match and scoring 0, finished on 4 goals over a full championship season and the 5-6 cup games i was involved in.

what i found can help is a big man who is good in the air (set to target man) playing along side a good finisher who has good finishing and composure (set to poacher) hope this has been of some help to you

Good luck

dellboy100 understand what you are saying but DUDE.... Didier Drogba + bought Andy Carroll to avoid over reliance on the Drog... Tgt man setting factored in. Thx tho.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

As it happens got Carroll for 13.5m hahahahahaha (sorry couldn't resist!)

There are loads of thread about these. So you're not alone.

From my experience telling your strikers to improve their finishing through chat could help a bit.

Try and set their PPM's to 'place shots' so that way they will look to place the ball in the back of the net instead using using their power most of the time.

Any increase on accuracy? Playing as liverpool having an average 15/19 shots a game and only about 4/5 on target. I have torres and babacar upfront and a regen player i just got for 25mil. his finishing composure and technique are all 20 but he also cannot hit the target. I made a new game as wolves not having as many shots but having the same results, have kalinic and riviere upfront.

My brother is also having the same problem dont know much about his game just noticed he is having 20+ shots in most games and struggling to score 1 goal. Thing that annoys me is the opposition has about 5 shots and are more likely to score.

Right. Seems like its confirmed then FM2011 looks great and has some good new features but they've messed up the single most important aspect of the game - scoring goals - which everything else kinda pointless... Maybe FM2012 will be better. I'm prob going back to FM2009 which is my fav so far.

SI need to review their regression testing!

There is a ridiculous amount of 1 on 1's saved in FM2011. Something SI deffinately got wrong imo.
actually the game soak stats they run show they are comparable to real life. wht is throwing everyone is the CCC stat. which doesnt exist in real life, and is badly implemented since way too chances are recorded down as CCCs

not directed at you but a lot of people blame the game when actually if they bothered to refine their tactic they would put away those chances. lower freedom slightly, lower the tempo. Learn to creat slightly fewer but much better chances. And stop looking at the CCC stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.